The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Walter Hay
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• G
    Hi Walter

Your posts are simply eye-opening. I'm only up to page 5 of your Gold AMA thread. I'll definitely finish it but just can't wait to say thank you! Unbelievably informative. Even more amazing is your helpful and humble tone in these articles. I plan to buy your book but need to clear my plate (like finishing this thread) first. Respect.
    I read your book, learnt many things and thank you very much for your AMA! I'm from Sri Lanka, unfortunately for us we cannot get paid via paypal. What do you recommend I do?
    K
    kamil
    every platform has fees, only don't even touch western union as they have ultra high costs
    Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    I know that many people outside of the USA are selling on Amazon USA, and it seems that most, if not all, are getting their money through Payoneer. I will PM more details on Payoneer.
    If you need professional help in setting up and running an Amazon USA account, see here:
    https://ko296.isrefer.com/go/pac/whay/ This link also gets you a free copy of my importing book included in the Proven Amazon Course.
    Walter
    S
    squidboy
    Thank you! I'll refer the book as well.
    I have a question regarding importing into Canada. It's a long question. How can I send it to you ?
    Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    Yes David, please do. I will try to help.
    Walter
    Hey dude just got your book today looking forward to cracking it :) Also got Silent Sales Machine as you recommended.
    Reactions: Argue
    Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    Thanks for letting me know. I wish you well in you venture
    Walter
    Hi Walter,
    Thank you for your posts on Importing, kept me busy for hours ;)!
    If possible, would love to share my marketing skills for a little of your time :).
    I cant fully explain my situation (character limits) but I have a supplier lined up, with CE FCC documents however I need to know if they are sufficient to claim from customs when I import - are you able to help?
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    Regards,
    Alex
    Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    Provided the certificates are genuine they should pass customs.

Regards,
    Walter
    100speed
    100speed
    Thanks for the reply.
    So how would you check the legitimacy of a non-notified body CE Declaration of Conformity?
    Cheers in advance,
    Alex
    Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    I suggest you search my AMA thread for references to certificates, See

Walter
    Hi Walter,

Have been reading through your thread on Import/Export product sourcing, it has been extremely valuable so far. I am in the process of vetting suppliers and have found one that seems promising, however i have concerns which i would like your opinion on. Would you be able to PM me to discuss these? I only have a couple of short questions.

Regards
    Andrew
    I want to thank you for posting the link to the Proven Amazon Course! Signing up for it is one of the best decisions I have ever made! Your post helped me steer clear of a much more expensive course that was not what I needed. Thank you again.
    Reactions: Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    I don't push the PAC, but when I see someone needing help to find a niche I do recommend it. The link that I gave you ensures that you get a copy of my book as part of the package.
    Hi Walter, I have been researching for a couple of months and decided I am going to take the plunge and look to source some products within the next few months. I would love if I could pm you some questions, maybe you can see if I am making any mistakes and point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Ben
    Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    Hi Ben,

By all means. I will do what I can to help.

Walter
    Hey man. I was referred by a paid mentor of sorts to the username you use in the warriorforum and somehow found you on here instead. I am interested in importing/exporting. Could you pm me if you have the time? I can't figure out how to pm on here. Thanks!
    Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    You can PM me now by replying to this message. I'll be happy to help if I can.

Regards,
    Walter
    lifese
    lifese
    Awesome, thanks for replying so quickly. I am passionate about life and business, and I would love to learn from you outside of books. If you could email me at jaylonmf@yahoo.com, I would like to give you some more information about who I am and more clarity about what I am asking. Thanks for your time! Hope to hear from you soon through email, even if it is just a short conversation.
    Just signed up for your ebook when I saw the BBB seal, and then noticed it leads to a site by Jim Cockrum. What's up there?
    Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    I have an arrangement with Jim Cockrum to have his paid support team handle questions from my book readers.

Jim came to my rescue when I was being overwhelmed by the volume of inquiries, so I handed over the sales side of things to him. He handles everything for me and for that reason all sales go through him and that is why his BBB rating applies.

Walter
    ExcelGuy
    ExcelGuy
    Thanks for the reply!
    What are your thoughts on the startup bros ecommerce video and business plan for importing from China and selling products?
    Road1996
    Road1996
    Also if you don't mind me asking, do you go over the process of product research and finding something possibly profitable in your book as well? Sorry for asking you so many questions I am sure that you are flooded with them and it's a blessing that you just give out so much information here, hopefully I will be able to return the favor one day. Thanks again.
    Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    I don't help with product selection except to show how to find products that are not already being imported into the US, EU etc.

If you scroll down to the answer I gave member WEDNESDAY you will see a link to a new course that teaches you how to find products that have no competition or maybe a small amount in some cases.

Walter
    S
    src.adrien
    How can I get your books?
    Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    Hi,

One of the most important things with this product is to be careful not to buy copies of any of the big brands. make sure yours is clearly a different design. A different label is not sufficient.

Because this is a big selling category and big brands dominate, Customs will check most shipments.

Regards,
    Walter
    Hi Walter,

Thanks for all your help on this forum and for sharing your knowledge. I am interested in buying your book and was wondering if Import Directly From China is part of PAC now? Is PAC also your book?

Which one would you recommend? I wanted to send this as a pm but could not find a way to pm you. Would you be able to send me a pm so I can message you in the future? Thanks.
    Hi Walter,

can you reply to a question !? I need you to send me PM.

best,
    Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    Yes, I have sent you a PM so you can reply.
    Hey Walter,

I'm wondering what the best shipping option is for my order. This is my first larger order, even though it is not very big.

It is 9 boxes, 32* 34*32cm each, and weighs a total of 180kgs.

The boxes are waiting in Dongguan city, Guangdong province.

Should I use a freight forwarder?

Thanks
    Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    I would recommend http://www.a1worldwidelogistics.com/ The owner posts on the forum as Rsimmons016 and has a couple of threads. He seems very keen for business. He can handle shipments into any US port.
    Walter
    R
    Robert Nichols
    Is there any difference as to where the FF handles the shipment from my supplier?

In other words: The FF asked for the address of the goods in China. Should I arrange for the location where the goods currently are, or should I arrange for the goods to be brought to a port? Is there a cost effective option here?
    Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    It is usually best to have the forwarder pick up the goods from the factory. This amounts to buying on an EXW basis, although the vendor will often still incorrectly call this FOB.

Suppliers have a tendency to try to make money out of the inland costs, i.e., the costs involved in getting the goods to the port of shipment, so let you forwarder handle that and you will probably get a fair deal.
    Walter
    Hey Walter,

I bought the book, I was reading it then i turned off my computer. When i turn it on, I cant seem to locate it anywhere on my hard drive now. It didn't seem to download the way things typically do, its not in my downloads, and when i run a search i cant find it anywhere. is it possible to get another download? I can prove I bought it with my bank statement if you need it.

Thanks
    Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    Hi Robert,

How frustrating for you.

Please contact my support team at msteamwebmaster@gmail.com and give them the email address you used when you purchased and they will send you a download link.

If any problems please let me know.

Regards,
    Walter
    R
    Robert Nichols
    All fixed, thanks
    Hello Walter,

I purchased your book 2 months ago. I have been wondering if I will get notified via E-Mail, if a newer Version is published?

Thanks for your help

Kai
    Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    The latest version is now 133 pages, up from 83 pages. If you don't have that one you should have been notified by my support team. If you haven't received a notice it might be because you have not given them your email address.

I suggest you contact them on msteamwebmaster@gmail.com

Regards,
    Walter
    #nowhere
    #nowhere
    Thank you. I have the version containing 132 pages. Think thats the version you mentioned. Kind regards from Germany Kai
    Hi, just want to say thanks for all the fantastic information you have shared here and ask one question about your book if that's ok? I'm in the UK and often find myself skipping whole sections or chapters of business books that deal with US taxes/business entities and other location specific things. How US-specific is the information in your book? Thank you!
    Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    Hi Trixii,

It is only slightly US centric, and is used successfully in the UK. One of the countries where my franchise business worked very well was the UK, and I have lived there for long periods.

Importing is almost universal as far as rules are concerned, and product sourcing principles are the same wherever you are located.

Regards,'Walter
    Trixii
    Trixii
    Thank you. I bought the book (didn't realise it was on offer!) and have started looking though it. I see that there are several UK specific details so that's great - I look forward to working through the whole thing. Thanks!
    D
    Walter. Love your AMA. Two quick questions. 1. How much $ would you be making in a good year when you were in business? And 2. I just agreed to help out a bitter kola exporter in Nigeria import to the USA, do you know what are the best channels to find buyers? Read your book. Cheers.
    Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    Hi Cyriex,
    I won't name the figures but when importing and running my franchise business I had numerous franchisees in four countries. They all earned an average of 4 times the national average income for their country, and I received a generous percentage of that as royalty.

The best channel to find buyers is Alibaba. I don't recommend them for buyers, but they are great for sellers.

Regards,
    Walter
    Hi Walter,

I'm really enjoying reading your AMA thread here. As a result, I'm interested in your e-book. This will be my first e-book...silly question: is it possible to print the e-book? I want to do to this so I can read without an electronic device.

Thanks,

Wisith
    Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    I have sent you a PM, but yes it is not a problem to print from the PDF download.

Regards,
    Walter
    I am really interested in buying your book. But I am having trouble navigating your site. When I click on the "Buy The eBook Now" link it just sends me to the bottom of the page and I am not to sure what to do. Could it be my browser?
    Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    Hi,

You are not the only one. IT is not your browser, it is my brilliant web designer who thinks if it's clear to him it must be clear to everyone.

Just fill in the General Information next to the BBB rating symbol, and then click on Order Now.

Regards,
    Walter
    Hi Walter!
    Thanks for sharing your experiences. It is very empowering. I am trying to validate my business idea and wondering if you can give me some directions. I am a multilingual Executive Assistant. I am wondering if there is a need for small business owners who are doing business with China to hire an EA who is fluent in Mandarin. Thank you so much and if I can help you with anything, please let me know!
    Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    Hi Yufa,

I am sure you will have seen my PM by now.

Regards,
    Walter
    Morning Sir,
    Your Import Direct From China book is there a print version or just ebook, thinking of buying
    Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    Hello,

Sorry to say that it is only available as an eBook. The reason is that I revise it regularly, and in eBook form it is easy to then provide the updated version to everyone who has bought earlier editions.

There is no charge for the updates. The newest one will not be issued for about 2 months.

Regards,
    Walter
    M.Roger
    M.Roger
    Thanks.
    Hi Walter,
    I just bought your ebook (loved it!) and would have a question for you. Is there I way I could contact you in private?
    Thanks!
    Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    You can send me a PM. I will be happy to help.
    Hi Walter.
    I have your ebook through Jim's PAC.
    Glad I found you here at Fastlane.
    Just wanted to say hello and to thank you for sharing your experience and expertise.
    Looking forward to learning more from you.
    Cheers!
    Walter Hay
    Walter Hay
    Good to hear from you Daniel. I Hope the book is a great help to you.
    Daniel Tan
    Daniel Tan
    Yes it is a great resource. Although I have some experience in China, I must say that it helps confirm my suspicion on the 'tactics' employed by suppliers here. I visited an LED manufacturer last year which turns out to be an assembly shop.
    Hi Walter,

I just finished reading your ebook first time round and will be reading it again later! Great book. I have sent you an email... :) If you can give me some advice, I would be greatful! Thanks
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…