The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I just may have one of the craziest Backstories ever.

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
Hope the title caught some attention ;).

My name is Matthew, 24 Y/O. Finished the book around 4 months ago and have since told around 7-10 people to purchase the book.

I used to currently work (not a typo..read on) as a personal trainer here in NYC and obviously the book opened my eyes to not allow the tying of time to income. I have had around 50 "Great" ideas that i thought people would invest in but who the "F" was i to seek an investment.

So after shuffling through ideas that i thought would work i settled on a SaaS based product within the Gym/Studio Market that i find has a very common pain point yet is not being done right.

First step? Get an Investor... NOPE....

So what am i to do?

I have this great idea, good market knowledge. Yet it is a SaaS product and i have no experience in computers or software building. As a matter of fact, before doing any research if you asked me what HTML or IOS Swift was i would have responded "Who is he?"

That being said

I decided to cut back on my PT clients by right around 93% and focus my time into learning from scratch without school... Coding on the Swift language for IOS based systems.

It is going well so far, i am 3 months in and i have learned alot, and things are starting to make sense. I have a piece of the software already built and love messing around with it because i know 3 months ago i had no clue how the heck to build anything in software and now i have a fully functioning piece of my SaaS business. Craziness!

Speaking of Craziness

I just may have one of the craziest background stories ever, and as i plan on being an active member and posting updates regularly so people can follow along with the journey, i hope you will give advice and or ask advice if anything i say sparks a thought.. and as we all become friends i will start sharing some of my crazy background story which i promise is a HUMDINGER! (first time using that word, i swear)

Thank you and i look forward to networking with all of you.

-Matthew E.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
welcome. glad you are here.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
You will find a lot of people here who share your passion for health.

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
You will find a lot of people here who share your passion for health.
I am sure of it, however healthy and fit is great, but it is not my passion. I try to be healthy and fit so i can live a long life. The passion is in "Being able to" financially retire, by 27-30 years old. Hope that didn't come off as being a hypocrite.

D

Deleted35442

Hope the title caught some attention ;).

My name is Matthew, 24 Y/O. Finished the book around 4 months ago and have since told around 7-10 people to purchase the book.

I used to currently work (not a typo..read on) as a personal trainer here in NYC and obviously the book opened my eyes to not allow the tying of time to income. I have had around 50 "Great" ideas that i thought people would invest in but who the "F" was i to seek an investment.

So after shuffling through ideas that i thought would work i settled on a SaaS based product within the Gym/Studio Market that i find has a very common pain point yet is not being done right.

First step? Get an Investor... NOPE....

So what am i to do?

I have this great idea, good market knowledge. Yet it is a SaaS product and i have no experience in computers or software building. As a matter of fact, before doing any research if you asked me what HTML or IOS Swift was i would have responded "Who is he?"

That being said

I decided to cut back on my PT clients by right around 93% and focus my time into learning from scratch without school... Coding on the Swift language for IOS based systems.

It is going well so far, i am 3 months in and i have learned alot, and things are starting to make sense. I have a piece of the software already built and love messing around with it because i know 3 months ago i had no clue how the heck to build anything in software and now i have a fully functioning piece of my SaaS business. Craziness!

Speaking of Craziness

I just may have one of the craziest background stories ever, and as i plan on being an active member and posting updates regularly so people can follow along with the journey, i hope you will give advice and or ask advice if anything i say sparks a thought.. and as we all become friends i will start sharing some of my crazy background story which i promise is a HUMDINGER! (first time using that word, i swear)

Thank you and i look forward to networking with all of you.

-Matthew E.
Welcome to the Forums man. Also NYC. Ever look into App Academy or a coding boot camp? They give you a lot in a short time. Lot of back and forth here on coding vs. learning sales/marketing, but SaaS is indeed a different and very lucrative market depending on what you're getting into. Will take time to do so. You said you're broke now? Writing all your code, doing your whole website/branding, then sales/market it? Is this the undertaking your envision? No reason why you can't shop around angel.co for angels. Do PostMates here and there when you must. Cheers.

G

Guest34764

I admire your ability to think of ideas.It seems everyone can think of a great idea besides me. ;-;

Welp,Welcome to the forums man.Have fun.

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
Welcome to the Forums man. Also NYC. Ever look into App Academy or a coding boot camp? They give you a lot in a short time. Lot of back and forth here on coding vs. learning sales/marketing, but SaaS is indeed a different and very lucrative market depending on what you're getting into. Will take time to do so. You said you're broke now? Writing all your code, doing your whole website/branding, then sales/market it? Is this the undertaking your envision? No reason why you can't shop around angel.co for angels. Do PostMates here and there when you must. Cheers.

The product isn't ready for angel money yet. To be honest call me crazy but once it is built i plan on getting a few customers first, i would like to try and build without the need for angels or VC's

I figure if i can get the first few customers, i can reinvest all of the revenue into, getting more customers + office space. then getting more customers and building it out more, repeating the process until i have enough customers to hire and keep marching forward.

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
I admire your ability to think of ideas.It seems everyone can think of a great idea besides me. ;-;

Welp,Welcome to the forums man.Have fun.

Well, ideas are just that. They literally don't mean jack without the process put into them, what ideas have you had?

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
Like a total of 3.Well I have 2 now I had to scrap one, I'm very unimaginative.
Care to share your ideas so i can offer some critique?

Disclaimer: I am not out to steal your idea.. i am literally too entrenched in my own. Just looking to help.

G

Guest34764

Care to share your ideas so i can offer some critique?

Disclaimer: I am not out to steal your idea.. i am literally too entrenched in my own. Just looking to help.

Go into Dropshipping

Go into Importing

I'm killing it,I know.

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
Go into Dropshipping

Go into Importing

I'm killing it,I know.
Well, everyone is doing that...

Unless you can do it in a better way to scale it?

what do you do for living?

G

Guest34764

Well, everyone is doing that...

Unless you can do it in a better way to scale it?

what do you do for living?

I don't do anything for a living at the moment.I do some things on the computer for some money.I've made about 200$ and I would like to expand what I have, but it's really unstable and not good to expand what I'm already doing.

ANYWAYS, the thread isn't about me so If you want to talk to me I'm fine with PMing.Good luck with what you're doing.

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
I don't do anything for a living at the moment.I do some things on the computer for some money.I've made about 200$ and I would like to expand what I have, but it's really unstable and not good to expand what I'm already doing.

ANYWAYS, the thread isn't about me so If you want to talk to me I'm fine with PMing.Good luck with what you're doing.
sure you can PM if you want, but if you have lots of time on your hands and like computers, i recommend learning to code. The world is literally at your fingertips then, you can make whatever you want.

Piranha22

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 26, 2015
Koblenz, Germany

I literally started getting tons of ideas when I started to go out and talk to people (not just your friends; the bartender, the sales lady, even the hobo on the street). What do people like to do the most? COMPLAIN!

'Hey how's your day going?'
'It's alright.'
'I bet it's pretty boring standing in front of this counter all day, waiting for customers, eh?'
'bla bla bla problems bla bla...'

To solve a problem you need to find one, and the more you stuff you do (in terms of hobbies/socializing etc.), the more likely you will find something.

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
I literally started getting tons of ideas when I started to go out and talk to people (not just your friends; the bartender, the sales lady, even the hobo on the street). What do people like to do the most? COMPLAIN!

'Hey how's your day going?'
'It's alright.'
'I bet it's pretty boring standing in front of this counter all day, waiting for customers, eh?'
'bla bla bla problems bla bla...'

To solve a problem you need to find one, and the more you stuff you do (in terms of hobbies/socializing etc.), the more likely you will find something.
100% agree. asking then listening is key

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Welcome! Sounds like you're already on a good way, most people wouldn't even spend 3 months working on something.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I just may have one of the craziest Backstories ever.

Speaking of Craziness

I just may have one of the craziest background stories ever,

crazy background story which i promise is a HUMDINGER!

Go on..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...