The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Medical app for paramedics

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

VegasMan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 8, 2015
Milwaukee, WI
Things have certainly picked up, and are progressing at an exponential rate. We have 3 geographical and 10 organizational hospitals on the cusp. Now I get to deal with growing pains.

The next two weeks will have some incredible opportunity for us, I'll be sure to post as I remember and see fit.

Mike

That's awesome news, Mike! Congrats and keep up the hustle! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mikekob

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Oct 29, 2013
Denver, CO
Thanks!! My meeting with a hospital turned into, I'm sending you a preliminary document to sign (very technical but an agreement required for us to do business) and them requesting a master service agreement. At the end of the meeting the VP offered to get me in contact with a neighboring hospital's CIO to move forward with them as well. I get home and have an email from him, and his director setting up a meeting to move forward.

I've been warned about this happening. The dominoes falling. And the second night in a row I'm up til almost midnight working and back at it in the morning. It's only Tuesday and I have a really impactful week ahead of me still.

mikekob

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Oct 29, 2013
Denver, CO
I won some money tonight. We signed up for a challenge a few months ago and had a pitch night tonight. Pitched in front of 600 people, 21 host institutions including Kaiser, Aetna, HCA, and many others of that caliber. We walked off the stage with a pilot in one new hospital org, and expansion to the other 11 from another. We also receive $18k when we sign a contract with the host institution. This was a huge night for us. I'm starting to update less because there's quite a bit of things going on and I'm swamped.

mikekob

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Oct 29, 2013
Denver, CO
I had the coolest meeting tonight. I met with three C- level execs of two hospitals and got them both on board. Contracts are drafted, training is being planned, and we are looking to launch two in December. This upcoming Wednesday I have a conference call with a current customer and discussing an 8 hospital expansion. Lots of really cool things are coming down the line for us, and at this rate I'll get a paycheck again in December or January. One year since my last.

mikekob

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Oct 29, 2013
Denver, CO
Hey... See that post right there? Yeah the one directly above this. Hospital 1 might be backing out due to minimal support from the clinical side of the ER. Hospital 2 is still interested, but not as motivated since hospital 1 is hesitant. Hoping those eggs just need a little more time to warm up.

Working on some kinks with the expansion and it's moving much better than I expected. Still no paycheck, but I was awarded a grant so I have some money in the bank.

Lined up a tech/temp CTO company to take over where my partner has completely lost interest and is only expecting dividend checks. He will be gone as soon as possible for many reasons.

Ups and downs are absolutely imaginable. This is the point where you still have to put one foot in front of the other and hang in there. I met with a patent attorney today who was very excited to see me build this company and keep me moving in the right direction. Seems there are plenty of people out there that really only want to see you succeed. You just have to go find them. Those people are my fuel to push on.

Mike

firmwear

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Dec 26, 2013
Hospital 1 might be backing out due to minimal support from the clinical side of the ER.

I'm sorry but I have no idea what this means. Did you find out exactly why they did not want it? Because it sounds like that might be the only thing holding you back from getting sales.

mikekob

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Oct 29, 2013
Denver, CO
It's a metrics thing. I'm bringing a new technology to market and continuing to validate the metrics and how to track the impact. Overall there has been much more value in the registration side of the ER versus the clinical side.

Equilibrium

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 14, 2015
I bet when CAT scans were invented by Godfrey he also reached resistance.
you want to put a person INSIDE that machine...?!
What kind of world would we be living in now if the product wasnt pushed forward.
Would he have lived his life flilling teeth, as his PlanB was?

Of course there's going to be people pulling out. Who in their right mind would let a machine scan them..
your goal is to get them to listen to reason.

This is what you can make.
This is what this will do.
Don't be scared of the laser.
Make the sale.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content