The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Writing Website Content - Feeling Stuck!

mtb_fanatic

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jul 1, 2015
I am just starting up my online store and have everything setup except content. I want to write (about us, contact us, homepage overview, etc) and I find myself staring at the blank screen. It is very frustrating because I want to start marketing the website but it theres no content. I'm currently reading Cashvertising and find it really helpful however I'm still a newbie at this. I am more proficient at coding/developing websites but content is my weak point. Should I outsource this portion to a writer on Elance or should I grind through this no matter if it takes me a week. Time is money of course.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
If @devine doesn't sort you out then I'd definitely recommend outsourcing it, especially if it's not your forté and your time would be better utilised elsewhere. I appreciate time is money, but invest it with a strong copywriter who understands how to really sell via copy and it will pay you back over and over again.

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
I am just starting up my online store and have everything setup except content. I want to write (about us, contact us, homepage overview, etc) and I find myself staring at the blank screen. It is very frustrating because I want to start marketing the website but it theres no content. I'm currently reading Cashvertising and find it really helpful however I'm still a newbie at this. I am more proficient at coding/developing websites but content is my weak point. Should I outsource this portion to a writer on Elance or should I grind through this no matter if it takes me a week. Time is money of course.

You can hire a copy writer or
learn to write good copy yourself( worth investing in imo).
dan kennedy's ultimate sales letter
is one of the lighter reads that can be consumed in a few days.

Here's an interesting formula i swiped.

Perry-belcher-Info-Graphic-AW.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mtb_fanatic

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jul 1, 2015
This is my first store/product and I created this to learn the steps how to build/market/write copy for my product. I think learning to grind through this and not outsource it will be of my best interest. @devine gave some solid advice and gave me another angle I can tackle this.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Awesome @mtb_fanatic

I truly think that every entrepreneur should spend some time getting a basic understanding of copywriting as it truly can make the difference. Think you've made totally the right decision if you're using the whole journey as an education as well as a business enterprise. Best of luck with it all!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.