The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I-Am-Trade

iAmTrade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 28, 2015
New Jersey
I want to be trade.

The person/company CEO people think of when it comes to trading, not stocks, not bonds, not commodities, but importing and exporting.

I'm a young guy with grand aspirations, wants, and desires and understand without giving value, I will have none of that.

I wanted to say, hello to everyone reading and allowing me to be a member of the community that has started here. I do love the posts and very informative and helpful discussions and thoughts that are dwelt upon the threads in this forum.

My interests, real estate- buying and renting out space but most importantly, importing and exporting goods/services. I am an excellent sharp shooter. Love hiking for hours or days at a time. I want a luxurious lifestyle, fancy restaurants at times, or just a regular (insert favorite food type here), want a BMW i8, an SUV and to maintain my current car. Want a new, custom built- home etc...too many to list, and all not immportant for people to know. Oh and most importantly, freedom. I want to wake up when I want to, go where I want to, sleep when I want to, travel when and where I want. Freedom, from a job, freedom from financial insecurity.

I have a Bachelors in Accounting..etc...more schooling for other things not too relevant...and here I am, having wanted to start a company of my own since Freshman year in High School.

Goal- create the worlds largest import/export firm...I see it as a dream to accomplish. And this all starts in 3 days...

I want to be "trade." (Good luck to me...and yes luck is just action, after action- towards a common goal, until you "do it" and can call it "lucky.")

That is all I have for my introduction. Hope to learn a lot, hope to receive insights/criticism and to offer value back to the community and of course to the world.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
without giving value, I will have none of that.
I, me and my = 21
You = 1

I think what Jon is saying here is your post is all about "me me me" and "me me me" is not very Fastlane or conducive to attracting money.

Nonetheless, welcome aboard. Take a look @Vigilante 's posts as he is in the business of imports. He's also writing a book which is in the preproduction process that could help you immensely. When it's released, you might want to pick it up. Until then, he has tons of posts here, as well as inside.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the intro. :tiphat:

iAmTrade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 28, 2015
New Jersey
Honored to see that you read/replied to my post. Greatly appreciate it.

And you are right, too many I's is one of my problems. Should be focused on you, and others- with what your needs/wants are.

It will be very fun/interesting to be a part of the group here.

Thank you for the welcome, MJ DeMarco, and to you too Jon.A

--
Will look forward to reading Vigilante's posts and his book.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Honored to see that you read/replied to my post. Greatly appreciate it.

And you are right, too many I's is one of my problems. Should be focused on you, and others- with what your needs/wants are.

It will be very fun/interesting to be a part of the group here.

Thank you for the welcome, MJ DeMarco, and to you too Jon.A

--
Will look forward to reading Vigilante's posts and his book.
Have you read mj's book?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Last edited by a moderator:

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
I am into international trade as an International Trade Broker, to me this occupation seemed more suitable for an Entrepreneur who is bootstrapping or has limited cash-flow or seed capital. ( also working alone)

As for starting your own Trading Company, that's a different deal.

Basically you are saying you're aiming to start a Trading Company?

All the best, it sure isn't easy but what is.

Walter Hay's thread on Export & Import/Product Sourcing might help.

iAmTrade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 28, 2015
New Jersey
Its the terms I have a problem figuring out- there isnt a single all-in-one site for me to learn all there is to learn :/

You're a trade broker- so, you take a % commission off of all the sales you make for your suppliers/customers, helping companies sell overseas for a steadier profit. I liked that but see more potential in taking ownership of goods and then ramping up the price point.

Rock salt in the USA is around 50-70$ average per ton- Last winter some towns bought it at over 110$!!!!

A retailer sells at 70-100$ To a random Joe Smoe Snow Removal Conpany.... My contact in sells it to me at x a ton :)..a substantial profit.

Im late to sell it, since all deals are done by now with the states- but next year- in May I want to be a very happy man.

Last edited:

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Yes your correct, and your approach sounds better for the long-term as as well having more control of the business and profits.
Trade Broking is more a job for me now to build up seed capital for further investments.

Which Terms do you mean Shipping Terms? http://www.incotermsexplained.com/ does a good job.

iAmTrade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 28, 2015
New Jersey
Its not just the incoterms- though I did bookmark the site for future reference, thanks on the link.

A step-by-step type of thing doesn't exist which I wish did, payment* terms, as in, L/C, T/T etc.

I have a few potential clients. But I fear that one way or another because I haven't really done this, and because I am working with dollar figures that would change my life forever, that I may get scammed or something may go wrong.

I think I am afraid something may go wrong and as such, I back out from deals I know I should hit the gas on ASAP.

I don't really find is "safe" to trade, I know I'm missing something.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Sure you can search online, youtube or google or you can use the trade brokers method but adjust it for your own company.
Better yet find a company that already does international trade and model something similar to theirs.

That's true everyone has that fear at the beginning but you have to conquer that by taking action, but reading ahead learning and being prepared obviously helps a lot.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...