The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

TL;DR, Hello, I'm glad to be here

Quark

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
May 21, 2015
Houston, TX
Hello All,

I decided to do an intro post on this forum because I would normally be a classic lurker. I enjoy reading about others trials and successes but generally do not add to the conversation unless I think I can contribute something truly worthwhile to the conversation, and that the participants will receive the information the way it is intended.

The majority of this forum seems sincere and there is a fair number of people on here who appear to “get it”.

I am 50 years old, retired at 48. I currently do not need to work and live comfortably. After reading TMF I learned I have health, family and freedom. I had not been looking at it that way since retiring.

I got “lucky” in that I realized I hated to work at a place I had loved, for over a decade. While my fellow coworkers spent their days complaining and finding new reasons that today was worse than yesterday, I made an exit strategy and worked on it for many years. I didn’t know it at the time, but I was deep in the slow lane.

Part of my exit strategy was online, I learned of Adsense back before things got tight. Good keyword research and SEO with the right website layout could make you some money. I made some money but not legendary money.

At the end of my Adsense run, I wiped my hands of the online world because of scammers and things like MJ’s “Houston we have a problem” thread. I learned early on like in the book, most of these people made their big money in a way different from the material they were teaching. Or they made it from teaching something they never did.

I have personally met face to face TWO people who I know have made “Big” money online. One from Adsense and flipping sites, the other was in CPA. (Cost per Action)

One was a guy in the Adsense game, he eventually ran a paid forum. I joined his forum and flew to Colorado, met him at a Starbucks and we talked for a couple of hours and I went home. I needed to know he was for real and not some punk who was full of crap.

Anyway, I have done some things in the past, but have not paid one second of attention to online businesses since 2012. I now also realize the entire time I was online, I was chasing money and keywords. I forget how I stumbled onto MJ’s book but I did and I knew he was the real deal.

So I’m out of the online loop and current SEO, trends and all that goes with it. I don’t know if I will venture back in or not. I do know that I am retired and comfortable, but I still have not had the feeling, not first-hand knowledge of big money. For me, big money would be 20 – 25k of completely passive income on top of my current income.

My mind is not capable at the moment of wrapping itself around 200k per month. My brain still checks itself every time I attempt that kind of thinking. For me six figures is normal, doing it per month does not compute……yet.

So my purpose here is to read, learn and see if this is the path I want to pursue. Can I flip the switch to the next monetary level? I need to find a need that makes me happy spending 16 hours a day to fill.

My offline expertise was law and computer forensics. I have no interest in that now and there is NO separation from time.

This is stupid long and 100% out of character for me, I’m trying something new today.

Thanks for reading, I’m glad to be here and looking for growth and change.

Q.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...