The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question to Paypal experts/users

Grinning-Jack

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Mar 8, 2015
Hi,

Hope here are paypal experts.

Can you use your paypal account in other countries if you moved there?

For example, say, the person from the USA has moved to Ukraine [sounds like a dark joke] and opened his pp account used his personal US debit card. Will that account be banned just because ip isn’t of the USA?

Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Grinning-Jack

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Mar 8, 2015
Thank you for this link. But how about if the person just has a months' visit to another country?
I'm asking this because 1 of my USA friends has agreed to give his pp acc to use, however, I'm afraid it'll be banned because my ip isn't of the US. So, my question is more about ip than about the post address.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Thank you for this link. But how about if the person just has a months' visit to another country?
I'm asking this because 1 of my USA friends has agreed to give his pp acc to use, however, I'm afraid it'll be banned because my ip isn't of the US. So, my question is more about ip than about the post address.

Same answer.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
If you access a paypal account from an international IP address outside of the country where the account was opened and is registered, you can expect for the funds to be frozen, the account to be locked, and a long process to try and get the account back. Meanwhile, you will have zero access to the funds.

JamesSJ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 25, 2012
If you access a paypal account from an international IP address outside of the country where the account was opened and is registered, you can expect for the funds to be frozen, the account to be locked, and a long process to try and get the account back. Meanwhile, you will have zero access to the funds.

Never had a problem. I've been out the registered country for nearly two years and use PP every day.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
And somehow this sounds exactly like what happens when you use PayPal legitimately inside the U.S...

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Lived in the UK for 3 years and I opened one account with a US IP and another with a UK IP. I also accessed my account through VPNs using various IPs in various countries.

That never happened to me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

I don't know where you live, but I use paypal all the time in the Netherlands and transfer money from U.S. I think though what makes it easier is if you have a bank accounts in each country. It makes easier in some cases depending what you're doing and buying and selling online, because everything doesn't use paypal as a payment option.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.