The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to videos-Anyone doing them? And Are they paying off?

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
Hello Guys, I'm working on a few (How To/DIY) videos for Facebook and you tube. I was just curious if anyone is doing this kind of thing to create a fallowing? And has it payed off in followers? or sales?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
I have done an instructional video for my business and it has succeeded in eliminating confusion and the common questions that many have initially. This saves me time, money, and adds credibility. If that's what you were asking....

As far as videos of myself speaking about my topics pertaining to my niche, no. I stick to newsletters, ebooks, blogs, etc for that.

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
If you Teach them how to tear it down, And sell them what's most likely broken. Feels Like value to me.I created hourly value in the slow lane reading manuals, lables,blueprints, codes, I hate the camera. But I there's not many speed bumps I can't get through during the day. Sometimes it will cost you a couple bucks to do it rite. ;)

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
I have done an instructional video for my business and it has succeeded in eliminating confusion and the common questions that many have initially. This saves me time, money, and adds credibility. If that's what you were asking....

As far as videos of myself speaking about my topics pertaining to my niche, no. I stick to newsletters, ebooks, blogs, etc for that.
Did you edit the video yourself? And what program did you use?

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
Hey there Sh,

Yes I edit myself. I use the Adobe Premiere or the GoPro software.

Flora

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Jan 5, 2015
Grove, OK
I have 12 how two out there on YouTube. The have not gained me any followers and a few folks through organic traffic. My best absolute best build for followers was an on-line telesummits. I do a telesummit ever quarter and I pull in 200-500 new followers per day. I use the same format each time and it helps to build my creditability with my following that I already have. Plus is makes it easy for me to cut and past ads and so forth saving me time because I do it all on my own.
Lessons I learned from the telesummits - most everyone listens to them on their phones so make it pre-recorded so people can go back and listen in a MP3 format. People listening to telesummits love a good case study or a technique they can try immediate so make sure your guests on the summit are willing to share something like. Finally offer those who sign up something from you that is worth $200 in value. Like a DIY lesson in whatever you are teaching in a book form. You can re-purpose the book later in a blog or give away.
Good luck.

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
absolute best build for followers was an on-line telesummits

awesome!

how exactly are you getting traffic to find out about your telesummits if not via youtube or organic traffic which you say don't bring any followers yet you get 200-500 on the telesummit?

thanks

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
I have 12 how two out there on YouTube. The have not gained me any followers and a few folks through organic traffic. My best absolute best build for followers was an on-line telesummits. I do a telesummit ever quarter and I pull in 200-500 new followers per day. I use the same format each time and it helps to build my creditability with my following that I already have. Plus is makes it easy for me to cut and past ads and so forth saving me time because I do it all on my own.
Lessons I learned from the telesummits - most everyone listens to them on their phones so make it pre-recorded so people can go back and listen in a MP3 format. People listening to telesummits love a good case study or a technique they can try immediate so make sure your guests on the summit are willing to share something like. Finally offer those who sign up something from you that is worth $200 in value. Like a DIY lesson in whatever you are teaching in a book form. You can re-purpose the book later in a blog or give away.
Good luck.
I like the telesummit idea. Might not get me to far with my target audience. But I'm keeping a mental note for the future

Flora

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Jan 5, 2015
Grove, OK
I like the telesummit idea. Might not get me to far with my target audience. But I'm keeping a mental note for the future
My biggest telesummit is done at Christmas time and I give it away to all of the people on my list and anyone who signs up. It is their thank you gift for being loyal and using my services during the year. I have a private Q&A session for my VIP clients on the day before the telesummit starts.
When I am planning the telesummit, I pick 3 core topics to cover in the telesummit; then I go out and ask people who are experts to participate. Sometimes I go to universities and sometimes it is people I have met in my daily life. I have a set of questions I send the interviewees a few weeks before. I give them a participants packet with six emails for them to send out to their followers as well as a list of tweets, facebook announcements for everyday of the telesummit. Then I make a pin for it on pinterest. I write a blog about it three days before the telesummit. I make sure that the blog, email invitation to my followers, the tweet, pin and facebook all go out within five minutes of each other. Then I do it again on the day of the telesummit. All of the presenters send out the emails to their lists and the sign ups start.
I schedule all of emails that go out with the link to the interview then I sit back and watch the people sign up. The biggest number of people coming in for traffic show up on the first three days. I try to never go over nine presenters in a week. The sweet spot seems to be 8 presenters on one VIP day for me. Because I do the biggest one at Christmas people look forward to it because I save the best for last.
Depending on the circumstances I do share the sign up list with the presenters under the condition that everyone who signs up for the telesummit knows their email is going to be shared otherwise you can get in trouble for CANSPAM in the US. I treat it kind of like a membership with out charging a fee. I have not had any trouble with it and I will say that I lose four or five sign ups on the last day when I give them the opt-out option. They are usually the folks who are on the perpetual free ride for internet stuff anyway not really buyers.
This year I purchased a few facebook ads but it did not make a lick of difference.
I hope this helps and I am happy to share my format if you would like. It is easy.

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
I hope this helps and I am happy to share my format if you would like. It is easy
That was great info And I think your extremely Organized,driven and sharp. I would definitely like to learn your format. I'm slowly gaining an organic fallowing. I'm piecing together bigger articles and write ups.

Flora

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Jan 5, 2015
Grove, OK
awesome!

how exactly are you getting traffic to find out about your telesummits if not via youtube or organic traffic which you say don't bring any followers yet you get 200-500 on the telesummit?

thanks
I provide the interviewees on the telesummit a series of emails to send out to their followers. Then I post it in my regular feed on Facebook and my social media sites. I also provide an invitation ticket for each of the folks on my email list to sent to five of their like minded friends. That last one the ticket gets me the most organic traffic.

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
I provide the interviewees on the telesummit a series of emails to send out to their followers. Then I post it in my regular feed on Facebook and my social media sites. I also provide an invitation ticket for each of the folks on my email list to sent to five of their like minded friends. That last one the ticket gets me the most organic traffic.
How do you turn the followers into email addresses/leads?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.