The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fine Tuning My Money Wheel

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Camo & Gold

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Nov 28, 2014
Dirty South
Well I finally managed to get a target niche with promising gross profit margins around 30-60%. This is just a ballpark as some items fetch more than others, I will fine tune this if I plan on pursuing this niche. I am aiming towards the Ebay retail route to get my business off the ground.

But here are my questions for the seasoned fast-laners:

How can I distinguish my items from the competition?
Ebay store Vs. Regular Seller Pros & Cons?
How many "Feeler" items should I initially offer? 1, 5, 20 (Variety as well as per product)

I'm nervous about this market because while it's expanding at an alarming rate (close to 300% via Google Trends) the competition is there. I will also be buying wholesale then re-selling so my product will by physically similar to the competition.

One major plus to this business is that it will help me further another project I am currently working on, so in a sense I can use any spare product from this to help further another one of my investments. But the whole purpose for starting this Ebay store is to make money, not build a different project.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.