The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

First Idea Fell Through - How to pick yourself up and start again?

Idea threads

rickirl

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 6, 2014
I had a business idea in my head and found today that it's not going to work. This was my own mistake as I hadn't researched correctly but thankfully no money had been spent to date. Just my time

Basically I am starting this thread to determine how do you pick yourself up from a failed idea and think of a new one?

I am no longer interested in the old-school thinking that I should get an education, get a job, work 40 years and after numerous promotions retire with my pension.

I want to break into the fastlane. I have always had an entrepreneurial mindset. I am determined to find a business idea for myself so I can get out of the slowlane but my mind isn't in it at the moment due to my first idea flopping.

All help and advice welcome thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rickirl

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 6, 2014
I know man just hoping to get some motivation back into me again.! Time to get the thinking cap on again :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
You actually took action....thats the hardest part. I would be hella excited to try out a new idea. Getting an idea/getting started, to me, is the hardest.

rickirl

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 6, 2014
Ya its the first time i actually took action, that fear has now gone and now hopefully i can dive head first into whatever it is i come up with next.! At the moment that is the hardest part, but hopefully my next big idea will come sooner rather than later so i can put my slowlane lifestyle to the side and jump into the fastlane lifestyle.!

In the process of reading TMF so i guess that's some of the best motivation i can get at the moment :)

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
rickirl,

There's nothing to pick yourself up from.

You didn't hit it big with this try but I guarantee you didn't walk away empty handed either.

You're building a process. Until your process works the way you want it to work, then it isn't finished.

This wasn't a failure. It was a pivot point in figuring out what works.

I've had a lot of pivot points lol. Here are some of the things that I taken from previous attempts:

1. Learned the basics of business.
2. Learned the differences between types of businesses.
3. Learned to not sell things just because I like them.
4. Learned web design.
5. Learned to import from China.
6. Learned how to make a newsletter.
7. Learned how to create an ebook and publish it.
8. Learned how to make money from nothing on craigslist, and ebay.
9. Learned how to use Pinterest, Tumblr and other sites for marketing.
10. Learned how to keep going.
11. Learned a bunch of other crap that may not have worked at the time, but will become useful later on.

The point is you learn a lot of stuff by trying even when you fail.

So give yourself a couple of days, read some of the motivational threads on this forum, then get back to work or... get back to work. :)

Blair

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Mar 4, 2014
New Zealand
Good on you for getting started, like the others have said it's just part of life. If anything these days I prepare to fail. Failure is just a part of it, it may be a small, medium or large failure but either way you should know you have several more coming your way.

However on the flip side each failure you learn something from and you slowly gain more and more traction in the right direction.

The biggest thing repeated on this forum over and over again in what feels like every thread is TAKE ACTION. Even if its making one call, writing down some measurable steps for yourself, creating a wire frame or a prototype just DO SOMETHING because it is so easy to freeze up and put things off. Once you start taking action it becomes easier and easier as you start to get results. All the best to you in your journey.

rickirl

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 6, 2014
Thanks for the encouraging words guys, much needed.!

Have spent a lot of my day reading TMF to get some extra motivation.! Hopefully i can power on with something soon :)

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
Happens all the time. The important thing is that you learn how to not waste time again. I've wasted months working on projects to later realize it was a mistake. No more though. The last idea I had was a few weeks ago. It took me one week to realize it wasn't going to work. The important thing is that I've become a lot better at determining whether an idea is worth it or not. That's the skill that I feel I have finally mastered, thanks to MJ's book and others.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.