The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Package content and sell on Amazon or go it alone??

Sell on Amazon or keep promoting through the site?

• Total voters

apexstrat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 14, 2013
London, UK
Guys,

I've been working on my site:

www.startupmarketresearch.com for a little while now. The plan is to build up a following and monetize through selling a guide to market research for startups and small businesses.

I've posted my progress here if you are interested.

I currently have the guide available for sale on the site for $4.79, set up with ejunkie, but i'm not getting a lot of traffic (my fault, not spending enough time promoting the site), and hence not a lot of sales.

It has been suggested that rather than doing all this in my own little bubble, i'd be better off packaging all the content as an ebook and selling through Amazon.

What do people think of this? Any input welcome. Big Thanks.

(i've never used the poll feature before and thought this would be a good opportunity so please take part above!)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
Take it off eJunkie, put it on Amazon, make it exclusive for exactly 90 days and take it from there.
If anything, use the book as a funnel to a higher priced product on your site.

And from what it seems this is a nonfiction product, so if you can do coaching and consulting, use this as part of the client attraction funnel. Get to workin'.

apexstrat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 14, 2013
London, UK
Take it off eJunkie, put it on Amazon

Any specific reasoning for taking it off eJunkie? Or shall I just leave it on there and put it on Amazon as well?

I definitely need to be using this as a funnel for premium products, it'll take me a long time to get on the fast lane at $4.79 a pop.
I'm working on video tutorials at the moment, and .xls examples.

Amazing, thank you so much for this. This is exactly what i'm aiming for. I think there is a lot of potential in this idea and this reinforces it further.
If I can start selling a package for $250, the fastlane suddenly doesn't seem so far away.

What did your market research come up with?
LOL. Market research says that Market research books don't look to be selling particularly well on Amazon, people are often not aware of the benefits of MR, so part of the challenge is to show people how important it is and what the benefits are.

That being said, I don't really have anything to lose by selling it on Amazon, other than the time it will take me to reformat the guide, so I'm leaning towards giving it a go this weekend.

I'm looking at Fiverr.com for a cover, but can anyone recommend a specific designer that is affordable?

Eternally grateful!

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Any specific reasoning for taking it off eJunkie? Or shall I just leave it on there and put it on Amazon as well?

I definitely need to be using this as a funnel for premium products, it'll take me a long time to get on the fast lane at $4.79 a pop.
I'm working on video tutorials at the moment, and .xls examples.

Amazing, thank you so much for this. This is exactly what i'm aiming for. I think there is a lot of potential in this idea and this reinforces it further.
If I can start selling a package for $250, the fastlane suddenly doesn't seem so far away.

LOL. Market research says that Market research books don't look to be selling particularly well on Amazon, people are often not aware of the benefits of MR, so part of the challenge is to show people how important it is and what the benefits are.

That being said, I don't really have anything to lose by selling it on Amazon, other than the time it will take me to reformat the guide, so I'm leaning towards giving it a go this weekend.

I'm looking at Fiverr.com for a cover, but can anyone recommend a specific designer that is affordable?

Eternally grateful!

Amazon is absolutely must use for Fiction writers. No other option. Non-fiction tho. It's crazy to only to sell on Amazon and for low price. Crazy. Solving problems is worth a lot of money!

apexstrat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 14, 2013
London, UK
OK cool, plan is then... get the guide in a format suitable for ebook over the weekend. Find someone to do a cover. Get the book on Amazon.

In the mean time, develop premium content (videos, interviews, examples) similar to what Nathan Barry is doing, and aim to sell for a much higher price point directly through the website.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.