The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Infusionsoft

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Ok so I'm looking to start building a complete funnel very very soon, and I obviously will need a good CRM/Cart and I've seen Limelight mentioned on here but at the moment I cannot afford $1000/mo.

Infusionsoft looks like a good integrated option.

Anyone have extensive experience with it and how does it compare to say, Ultracart, Limelight, etc?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014
Infusionsoft may be cheaper than Limelight, but there is still a $2000 set-up/training fee I believe. And it is still pretty expensive for just starting up.

If you're just starting to work on your funnel, you can use Shopify to start very cheaply. Use permalinks to create a link with a pre-loaded cart and add that link to a "Buy Now" type of button on your landing page. Here's a tutorial for how to do this - it's super easy:

http://docs.shopify.com/manual/conf...ific/cart-page/cart-permalinks#cart-permalink

Not many people go this way, but it really is much much cheaper and still allows you to create a pretty great funnel if you're a little creative about it. And you can even use Shopify's $14 plan - MUCH cheaper than Infusionsoft.

Again, I'm not sure if your funnel is already doing really well or not, but if you are just beginning, you can really keep your expenses low this way.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Infusionsoft may be cheaper than Limelight, but there is still a $2000 set-up/training fee I believe. And it is still pretty expensive for just starting up.

If you're just starting to work on your funnel, you can use Shopify to start very cheaply. Use permalinks to create a link with a pre-loaded cart and add that link to a "Buy Now" type of button on your landing page. Here's a tutorial for how to do this - it's super easy:

http://docs.shopify.com/manual/conf...ific/cart-page/cart-permalinks#cart-permalink

Not many people go this way, but it really is much much cheaper and still allows you to create a pretty great funnel if you're a little creative about it. And you can even use Shopify's $14 plan - MUCH cheaper than Infusionsoft.

Again, I'm not sure if your funnel is already doing really well or not, but if you are just beginning, you can really keep your expenses low this way.

That isn't building a funnel, that's step 1 put of 20 of a funnel.

There are lots of organs coming out, ontraport, infusionsoft, limelight, span6?, a bunch of enterprise level ones, etc. The issue is they all do things slightly different and I'd be hard to recommend one without knowing what you are doing.

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
I thought about it, I have a metric F*ck-load of Shopify experience from my last venture and I absolutely love Shopify, it's easy to use, I learned how to modify their Liquid code, which is very similar to HTML and can run side by side with HTML.

The only problem I have with Shopify is their fee structure but I suppose I could transition later on

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013

There are lots of organs coming out, ontraport, infusionsoft, limelight, span6?, a bunch of enterprise level ones, etc. The issue is they all do things slightly different and I'd be hard to recommend one without knowing what you are doing.
Supplements. Fledgling company. Finalizing details as we speak and will be starting an INSIDERS's thread/idea bucket once I get everything finalized.

There are a million moving parts to a funnel lol so I know it's very complicated.

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014

Yes, but when you start building a funnel, you don't start with all 20 steps. I'm just saying start here, then when you need all 20 steps, THEN move to Infusionsoft or Limelight when you can handle it. Needless to say, you can cover many other steps of the funnel using other, separate services and plug-ins and still be MUCH cheaper than Infusionsoft. It won't be integrated completely, and won't have all "20" steps but is cheaper and a good place to start.

Vagabond 007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 1, 2011
Philly Suburbs
Look into SamCart. Very easy to use.

I heard you can have the signup fee waived with Infusionsoft. Not sure how accurate that is, and even if it is, how easy it is to get the fee waived, but something to look into.

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Look into SamCart. Very easy to use.

I heard you can have the signup fee waived with Infusionsoft. Not sure how accurate that is, and even if it is, how easy it is to get the fee waived, but something to look into.
If I could get that signup fee waived I'd be very happy lol $300/mo is alot more doable than $1000 mo for right now too

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.