The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A.I. is trying to come for musicians now.

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Sep 15, 2020
United States

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
Last edited:

haners

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Mar 11, 2024
I uderstand when AI is used to ease the working process in the music industry, but I do't get it when it changes the voice of a singer.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
It's a disruptive technology. I don't think people will understand the damage it's going to cause before it's too late. I am really weary of AI.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
We have recordings of musicians playing all classical pieces that can be reproduced. Somehow still there is nothing like going to a venue and listening it being performed live.

AI might help in future compositions, perhaps.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Oct 10, 2022
I don't know. It seems like something that could be part of a corporate commercial for most AI music pieces I have heard. There's something in human music, the right pauses, the right "off-beat" rhythm, the right delay of the next note, the right bass at the right time. That, for some reason, AI cannot replicate yet.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
It's a disruptive technology. I don't think people will understand the damage it's going to cause before it's too late. I am really weary of AI.
former songwriter /amateur here, this is a huge deal. I dont think people get it yet but this is going to crush Art and music industries for the creatives.

all the time/blood and sweat let alone Talent you need to be a great artists seems worthless when any Joe Schmoe and use an AI app to create infinite songs via text and basic ideas.

I am scared as well

this will crush human spirit in kids and many won't even bother tapping into their nature because the profit motive is now gone and you are replaced by AI in seconds

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
former songwriter /amateur here, this is a huge deal. I dont think people get it yet but this is going to crush Art and music industries for the creatives.

all the time/blood and sweat let alone Talent you need to be a great artists seems worthless when any Joe Schmoe and use an AI app to create infinite songs via text and basic ideas.

I am scared as well

this will crush human spirit in kids and many won't even bother tapping into their nature because the profit motive is now gone and you are replaced by AI in seconds
In another AI post in the forum, I remember someone saying how the fact that AI is integrated in their office along with other industries/offices, it is slowly removing the creativity, hard work, and even having to think of solutions on your own. The AI does it for you now. Over the long term this could make people stupid and/or reliant on the tech.

Now AI is being disruptive in a lot of other industries, there are going to be some consequences. Seeing how the elites have an agenda and use the slogan " you will own nothing and be happy," I am thinking this is one of their tools to remove humans from the creativity, thinking, and ownership of many things.

One day people are going to wake up and AI will be controlling everything.

cmh

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Feb 2, 2024
Texas
I'm diving headlong into AI because it's obvious that's where the money is moving forward. But, I'm a 38 year old man. I've done the hard work and know how to do it.

My kids have not. For that reason, I am going to keep them banned from AI at least until 18, and will encourage them to try to hold off through college, though the world might have changed too much by then.

Education is going to have to change somewhat to still force kids to do hard things. Basically most assignments will need to be 'blue book' style, where the kid does it in class and there is no 'homework'.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.