The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your actions if you were living in modern autocratic country?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Are EM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Sep 10, 2019
It's great to wake up everyday and fight with your demons, within your control. But... what if something is outside your control? Like government that makes it incredibly hard to pursue entrepreneurialism with its regulatory system. No business development centers. No free web access(YouTube. FB & 70% of the web). No personal e-wallets like PayPal (you can use some others though with VPN or someone else's PayPal). No VISA purchases. With population no more than 10 million people, where 90% of them are government workers. Still many successful entrepreneurs and lot of NEEDS to fill. Every single market is like Blue Ocean.

So what will you do? Leave to capitalistic country or take it as additional ENTRY points and fill the NEED?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
To me it depends on how much and/or how long are you willing to put up with unnecessary BS. Most entrepreneurs and high-level scholars end up leaving because the ceiling is low low. Either because there's no investment in research or because they make it impossible for you to start a business, even to hire people (they typically tax the crap out of you for every single thing and you die before you start). An entrepreneur that built some awesome product had shared on Facebook what his experience was trying to get his stuff out of customs to export. It looked like the bad step mothers of Disney movies making dumb stuff up to get a bribe. He was asked to disassemble the product, put it back up, then they didn't wanna give it back, and they get away with all that. There is a lot of impunity in these places.

My take on it is that I only have one life, I don't have the luxury to be wasting time on that. And if they want to call me anti-patriotic so be it. At this point I gave up a lot on the mindset of people back home. It's deep rooted and they just work that way. I've never believed in geographical boundaries anyway.

It's like the big scale version of "you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped"

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
It's all in the numbers. Can you make something happen under the current system in a desirable amount of time? How does that compare with the alternative of moving somewhere else?

Once the numbers are down on paper, a decision can be reached.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Even in north korea there is business to flip things bought from China in the local black market. I think every market has different opportunities.

In fact I would argue today in places like Western Europe or Australia where there is heavy business regulation and and intrusive labor laws it is one of the toughest place to do business. 20 dollar per hour minimum wage. Good luck with that kind of labor cost and having business owners to do the Kind of charity.

A lot of “Capitalist countries” are not really that capitalist if you break down and analyze point by point.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.