The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Which style do guys like better? (Artist not me)

Which style do you like better?

• Left

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Right

Votes: 28 84.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If we're talking about wall art, the right.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I don't like abstract art so I'll always go with the most representational one. Pollock can go eat churros. (?)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
The left has some great use of texture, but it might be a little too macabre for many.

giphy.gif

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I see a face made of dirty laundry.

It's got its head cocked slightly challenging me to stay more on top of my laundry.

I don't like him or doing laundry.

It's like a monster made out of all the ketchup stains

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I normally do not like art such as the left but I don't mind that one. Normally I'd choose the one on the right but I'm not a fan of that one so I'm almost stuck in the middle but I'm going to go with the left, which is very unusual for me. When my wife has a Picasso show I'm never interested at all.

Athena

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Sep 22, 2019
I love the left . Looks like something from my anatomy books. Blue and red. Veins and arteries

foodiepersecond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 2, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
Depends on where and what it is being used for. I would hang the right in the living room or a bright room with minimal furniture. The left may work in the office, a corridor, or the cover of a jazz fusion album.

Last edited:

QFP

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Apr 26, 2017
UK
Right pic is more appealing to the majority, but to be honest none of them.
The left pic looks like some one took silhouette of a face and daubed on it.
I cant see a whole lot of vision there.
Reason for question?

chimichangatime

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Mar 1, 2018
sacramento, ca
While art is subjective, there are definite ways to critique art objectively. The piece on the right is superior in that aspect.

The composition is better, the texture is part of the picture, it has a color scheme, the positive and negative spaces are balanced and well-placed, etc.

The one on the left doesn't break the plane, so it doesn't give me positive/negative spaces that are broken apart. My eye has no place to rest, no quiet entry or exit points. The background doesn't work - the green is distracting and inconsistent, breaking the harmony, the cohesiveness. It's centered (which is boring). Okay, I'll stop. Not trying to beat up the artist, just showing why I think one is better by objective standards.

I do like abstract art. Abstract art isn't garbage on the canvas. Abstract art is the *abstraction* of an idea. Jackson Pollock was the first to achieve a painting with a ton of lines that weren't used to describe form. It's harder than you think.

The picture on the right is an abstraction of a woman's face, but still looks like a woman's face. It's a juxtaposition of what you'd think is ceramic-smooth skin with the impasto paint. She makes you think.

The one on the left does none of that. It's not an abstraction that I can tell. It's just super thick paint inside the outline of a human head. Maybe if it was in relation to something else to give context, I'd be happier with it. As is, I'm an abstract art fan and I'm not seeing the message, the story, the abstraction, or anything, really.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.