The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where to start with ads for ecommerce???

Marketing, social media, advertising

charlemagne

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 28, 2023
Hello fellow fastlaners,

I don't need some super specific answer to this questions so I will leave it pretty open-ended (and make it quick because I know your busy).

CONTEXT:

I was hired on to help a client scale their ecom business online. They sell a bit of product (clothing) in person as it is a local brand. Now, the owner wants to take it to the internet.

I built a website and set up klaviyo flows / pop-up form to get all the necessities before traffic starts flowing to the site. The next step: traffic.

QUESTIONS:

What is the best place to start to get traffic flowing to an online clothing brand? Anything is on the table.

What are the best resources to learn how to run the system you are proposing? Course, book, youtube account?

Thanks for the help beauties,

Best,
B

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

charlemagne

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 28, 2023
Facebook ads is prob the best place to start, but I'd experiment with all platforms like Google Shopping, Pinterest, etc.
Awesome. Thanks for the response. How do you recommend learning more about facebook ads particularly?

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Awesome. Thanks for the response. How do you recommend learning more about facebook ads particularly?
Facebook blueprint is a free ads course by Facebook

I wouldn’t follow any gurus or YouTube or hacks etc, every business and every ad account is different. Facebook is mature now, there’s no tricks or hacks left.

You need content, and then just run the ads, and make sure the site is set up to convert.

For fashion, UGC content is a no brainer, and DPA’s

I’d gift free clothes to good content crestors(don’t worry about follower count) then use that for ads. Unless the brand already has good photos then just use them, image ads, DPA and UGC videos if they have them. Dynamic ad creatives with a bunch of different images always performed well for me.

Look at other similar and different brands facebook ad libraries to get ideas and see what they’re running.

Canva is the easiest way to pump out ad creatives with text and images and icons and colours etc on them. It’s actually good for video overlays too.

Can edit ads natively on platform too so they look native, like the instagram reel and story editors in the app

Filmora is a good cheap video editor. Maybe capcut or something. Davinci is free but probably overkill. Premier pro if you already pay for adobe.

UGC creators should edit for you but chances are they won’t be good enough.

I’d start with 1 platform but have the pixel for the other one on the store collecting data, then start retargetting and using the other platform once the first ones working. Facebook or Google. Facebook is probably where I’d start for fashion.

Wouldn’t touch TikTok unless you really know what you are doing and have some really strong video creative. Probably worth posting the content there organically if you are making it anyway to see how it does, but I wouldn’t put much time into it unless you’re a pro.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.