The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

What books on making money/economics/the way money works have you read and liked?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Mar 23, 2019
I wanted to add the obvious, our resident-in-chief MJ DeMarco's Unscripted has been one of my latest reads, going to also check out his other book The Millionaire Fastlane when I get a chance, but since I have been reading avidly, I was going through Amazon's search and looking for other books about these topics that we all love to read.

I love a lot of Michael Lewis's work including Liar's Poker, Moneyball and Flash Boys but while they taught me a lot about interesting topics relating to their own inherent points, they didn't do much to teach me about generating wealth or things of that nature. Anyways, if you guys have any books you like, list some here and maybe why you liked them.

Peace and Love.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
A

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Mar 23, 2019
Also, as another side question for MJ, is there any way for me to buy Fastlane through a portal rather than Amazon because I know that Amazon will end up keeping a huge portion of the sale and I would rather it go to the man who has done a lot for the lives of all of us on this forum. If there's not, no big deal, I'll just go the Bezos route. Just wondering.

MTF

Never give up
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 1, 2011
OP
OP
A

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Mar 23, 2019
Yeah MTF, I love Unscripted so I'm assuming that I will like Millionaire Fast-lane just as much, I'm going to ask MJ that question I asked about him getting more of the returns from my book purchase.

OP
OP
A

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Mar 23, 2019
Hey MJ, Wondering if there is some other way to buy Millionaire Fastlane other than Amazon as I used to sell on Amazon and I know they keep up to 50% of the proceeds for themselves, and I'd much rather send you the money directly as you know, I'm quite a fan of your work and how you have built up this stellar community. Anyways, let me know,

Best,
ADayattheRoxbury

Tried to send this to him in a PM but then found out I'm not allowed to :/. Oh well. Hopefully he reads this.

Reactions: Roz

Adam VanBuskirk

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 9, 2019
Cleveland, OH
  • The 1-Page Marketing Plan by Allan Dib
  • The E Myth Revisited by Michael Garner
  • The Ten Day MBA by Steven Silbiger
  • Double Your Profits in 6 Months or Less by Bob Fifer

MTF

Never give up
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 1, 2011
Hey MJ, Wondering if there is some other way to buy Millionaire Fastlane other than Amazon as I used to sell on Amazon and I know they keep up to 50% of the proceeds for themselves, and I'd much rather send you the money directly as you know, I'm quite a fan of your work and how you have built up this stellar community. Anyways, let me know,

Best,
ADayattheRoxbury

Tried to send this to him in a PM but then found out I'm not allowed to :/. Oh well. Hopefully he reads this.
A quick google search was all you needed:

Buy the Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco

OP
OP
A

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Mar 23, 2019
  • The 1-Page Marketing Plan by Allan Dib
  • The E Myth Revisited by Michael Garner
  • The Ten Day MBA by Steven Silbiger
  • Double Your Profits in 6 Months or Less by Bob Fifer

Love the 10 day MBA! Steven is a treat to read, makes the information very easy to digest! The main reason I would get an MBA has more to do with connections, something the book can’t provide.

OP
OP
A

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Mar 23, 2019
The 80/20 Principle by Richard Koch was a fantastic read for me and helped me to optimize my workweek and along with MJ DeMarco, for me to have my f*ck THIS EVENT and completely give up on the old way of doing things (Studying my a$$ off at Harvard, for future profits working for some other guys company!).

I can't thank MJ enough to be honest.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
For those with the "can web design be Fastlane" question this video by @MJ DeMarco is a great...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom