The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What books on making money/economics/the way money works have you read and liked?

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
I wanted to add the obvious, our resident-in-chief MJ DeMarco's Unscripted has been one of my latest reads, going to also check out his other book The Millionaire Fastlane when I get a chance, but since I have been reading avidly, I was going through Amazon's search and looking for other books about these topics that we all love to read.

I love a lot of Michael Lewis's work including Liar's Poker, Moneyball and Flash Boys but while they taught me a lot about interesting topics relating to their own inherent points, they didn't do much to teach me about generating wealth or things of that nature. Anyways, if you guys have any books you like, list some here and maybe why you liked them.

Peace and Love.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
Also, as another side question for MJ, is there any way for me to buy Fastlane through a portal rather than Amazon because I know that Amazon will end up keeping a huge portion of the sale and I would rather it go to the man who has done a lot for the lives of all of us on this forum. If there's not, no big deal, I'll just go the Bezos route. Just wondering.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 14, 2019
Honestly, it's pretty straight forward, brass tacks material - but I highly suggest Thomas Sowell Basic Economics.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
Yeah MTF, I love Unscripted so I'm assuming that I will like Millionaire Fast-lane just as much, I'm going to ask MJ that question I asked about him getting more of the returns from my book purchase.

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
Hey MJ, Wondering if there is some other way to buy Millionaire Fastlane other than Amazon as I used to sell on Amazon and I know they keep up to 50% of the proceeds for themselves, and I'd much rather send you the money directly as you know, I'm quite a fan of your work and how you have built up this stellar community. Anyways, let me know,

Best,
ADayattheRoxbury

Tried to send this to him in a PM but then found out I'm not allowed to :/. Oh well. Hopefully he reads this.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Hey MJ, Wondering if there is some other way to buy Millionaire Fastlane other than Amazon as I used to sell on Amazon and I know they keep up to 50% of the proceeds for themselves, and I'd much rather send you the money directly as you know, I'm quite a fan of your work and how you have built up this stellar community. Anyways, let me know,

Best,
ADayattheRoxbury

Tried to send this to him in a PM but then found out I'm not allowed to :/. Oh well. Hopefully he reads this.

A quick google search was all you needed:

Buy the Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
  • The 1-Page Marketing Plan by Allan Dib
  • The E Myth Revisited by Michael Garner
  • The Ten Day MBA by Steven Silbiger
  • Double Your Profits in 6 Months or Less by Bob Fifer

Love the 10 day MBA! Steven is a treat to read, makes the information very easy to digest! The main reason I would get an MBA has more to do with connections, something the book can’t provide.

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
The 80/20 Principle by Richard Koch was a fantastic read for me and helped me to optimize my workweek and along with MJ DeMarco, for me to have my F*ck THIS EVENT and completely give up on the old way of doing things (Studying my a$$ off at Harvard, for future profits working for some other guys company!).

I can't thank MJ enough to be honest.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.