The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

website development

SjCurless

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Dec 22, 2020
hi, what should it cost for website terms of service? also will a go daddy site be sufficient for B2B? (sole trader/ freelancer to use the platform to connect with clients in business or members of the public requesting service)
ty

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
hi, what should it cost for website terms of service? also will a go daddy site be sufficient for B2B? (sole trader/ freelancer to use the platform to connect with clients in business or members of the public requesting service)
ty
Website prices will honestly vary on the scope of work determined for the client and their goals. As far as prospecting...try cold calling, facebook, linkedin, email, even instagram now...

Gregory Carson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2020
United States, California
ty
You get more control, freedom, and lower cost by avoiding the website predators like the go daddy thing. For less than $500 a year you can go straight to whois buy your own domain name for $9.88/year, then use the $300 premium business account on Wordpress and add the Yoast plugin subscription $180/year to get easy access to all the SEO data elements you need to get entered and tuned. Lunapic is a great place to edit photos for free.

This method gives wide open control and no limits on what the site can be setup for.

Us small business owners are much better off not using a third party to make a website for us - they don't know your business and more often than not mess up the language in order to "help" you get better listed on search results potentially creating legal problems for you ... and you really need to be cautious if hiring an seo expert as many of the seo help people just use the free backlink generators which will need to be disavowed later to get the reputation for your site fixed from the toxic associating created with free and paid backlink generators.

The fact is, that the majority (over half at least) of all websites are hosted by Wordpress and the tools you get for this $500 annual solution are wide open and not limited and give you complete control.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm not sure what the OP's question was. Seems the question was specifically about the price of the Terms of Service document - you can find those for free online. If you have a lawyer write it up, it will be a few hundred, plus or minus.

On a business website in general:

You can spend anywhere from $200 to >$30k for a simple 5-page website. The $30k price will be overcharged, but I know of a 5-10 page website that wasn't all that great, that cost that much. I'm sure there are others that were more pricey.

A good marketing agency will charge $5k-$10k for a basic website. What you'll get out of that, though, is a website that fits your target market, and is designed to convert. Its written by professional copywriters, looks beautiful, and works well.

A website won't get you very far, though, just by itself. You need traffic. You need a reason for people to keep coming back to it. That costs money / time, and involves: blogs, compelling emailed content, Google/Facebook/Youtube ads, SEO, etc. The overall strategy of how you approach all that is important, too.

Gregory Carson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2020
United States, California
I'm not sure what the OP's question was. Seems the question was specifically about the price of the Terms of Service document - you can find those for free online. If you have a lawyer write it up, it will be a few hundred, plus or minus.

On a business website in general:

You can spend anywhere from $200 to >$30k for a simple 5-page website. The $30k price will be overcharged, but I know of a 5-10 page website that wasn't all that great, that cost that much. I'm sure there are others that were more pricey.

A good marketing agency will charge $5k-$10k for a basic website. What you'll get out of that, though, is a website that fits your target market, and is designed to convert. Its written by professional copywriters, looks beautiful, and works well.

A website won't get you very far, though, just by itself. You need traffic. You need a reason for people to keep coming back to it. That costs money / time, and involves: blogs, compelling emailed content, Google/Facebook/Youtube ads, SEO, etc. The overall strategy of how you approach all that is important, too.
I may have misread the question, or misinterpreted it. I saw the question as asking about the costs for website in terms of services, in particular because the second half of the question was about whether one of those website mills would be a good place to do it. I apologize if I got it wrong.

I would have offered something very similar in answering cost for getting a website from a website service for an SEO perfected start. And, I completely agree, there is ongoing cost in the marketing campaign that follows to pursue traffic to the website ... the blog/article posts and ads (images, memes, videos) that require ongoing periodic posting to work (daily, weekly, monthly depending on the kind of business and audience sought) ... is of significant importance (perhaps even more than the base website itself) and should be included in the approach from the beginning.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.