• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

VISA Trauma! Australian trying to move to USA permanently. Looking for advice!!

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by KLoNe, Mar 20, 2019.

1. KLoNe

KLoNe New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $52
    Hey guys,

I'm a 35yr old Australian who recently visited the US and stated with a number of Fast Lane forum members at the end of 2018. Productivity, discipline and motivation went THROUGH THE ROOF when all of us were working together and we all decided it would be amazing if I could move over to the US permanently.

Currently owning a digital design business that I can run from anywhere, I'll be able to rent out my townhouse for income and sell my car. Money is not an issue, but the US VISA system is.

I've spoken to a number of legal advisers who won't touch the matter because they're only taught about our immigration system and can't advice on other country's systems (seems strange?).

What I have:
    • Eagerness to start a business in the US
    • Money to support myself
    • 2x technical trades: Electrician & Instrumentation Technician
    • 1x diploma: Diploma of Information Technology
    • Fast Lane members who will help me out in anyway they can

Does anyone have experience with different VISA's? Which are the best/easiest to apply for?

Many thanks!

2. GravyBoat

GravyBoat Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,547
    Chris came to visit us in San Diego this past winter. He is looking for a way to get into and stay in the USA.

We have several businesses that we could potentially use to "sponsor" him, but we don't know how the process works.

Any light shed on this would be much appreciated!

ruzara5 and KLoNe like this.
  3. ApparentHorizon

ApparentHorizon Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,592
    Contact a US immigration lawyer and ask about B-1/2 visas.

If you can invest 500k and create 10 jobs, you can get an EB-5 quickly and a greencard for permanent residency in ~2 years.

I helped someone last year, from the EU, start a biz in the US. They brought a little under $1M to put into the business and create a dozen jobs. So that helped get his paperwork through in only a few months.

My parents also got in a couple decades ago through a sponsorship. Taking only a few months as well. But the owner of the company knew a congressman who called in a some favors.

Then there's one guy I know who's a work from anywhere content creator. Took him 5 years to get permanent residency after struggling with B1s and work permits.

ruzara5, G-Man, 100k and 9 others like this.
  4. GravyBoat

GravyBoat Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,547
    So basically he could start a business entity, and "employ" a friend? Do they have to disclose revenue/salary info?

Can a foreigner get an EIN in the US easily? Or sole prop? How does that work?

KLoNe and Bearcorp like this.
  5. JordanK

JordanK Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,144
    Have you tried looking a E-3 Visas which are specifically for Australians looking to live in the US. This visa was issued as a thank you from the US to Australia for its support in recent wars in Iraq, Afghanistan in which Australia helped support the US. I only know about this type Visa as the Irish were looking for something similar back in December but it fell through. We were going to split the allowance with Australia as your citizens only use about half of the yearly allotted visas.

6. splok

splok Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $6,043
    I hate to be that guy, but if you need to use quotes around anything to do with immigration, then you're basically discussing committing fraud against the government on a public forum. Regardless of how unlikely may be to ever bite you, it doesn't seem like a very good idea at all.

KLoNe, Nigel B, Xeon and 2 others like this.
  7. Lambo-Hunter

Lambo-Hunter Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $307
    It literally took me 5 minutes to get my EIN number, I've never even been to the US. Just call them and say you want one, you'll get it right away and then you'll get some more documents after 2 weeks or so.

KLoNe and GravyBoat like this.
  8. GravyBoat

Rep Bank:
    $3,547
    Sick! Looking into them now. Much appreciated.

Not terribly worried since we're doing this legally...

Awesome info. Thanks a ton.

KLoNe likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.