The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stop letting past memories run your present life!

Anything related to matters of the mind

Illume11

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 31, 2018
We are often unknowingly and destructively stuck reacting to our memories and thoughts rather than actual threats around us. This can lead to a perpetual cycle of counterproductive reflex behaviors which further aggravate our space and create the very circumstances that make us deeply unhappy. Through some honest introspection and conscious direction, we can regain control of our behavior modulators, deeply changing the course of our relationships, endeavors and lives.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJoo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 31, 2018
The Netherlands
Great advise in the clip - stop thinking and focus on the moment NOW. What helped me a lot is asking the question to myself "Can I change anything about that right now?" If not - let it go, if yes, go do it!

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
A book I recommend and that most probably have heard of is "The power of now".

It's one of the those books that if you read it first and you don't get it you hate it. But once you get its true message its one of the best books ever.

The tricky thing about our memories is what about the positive ones? We want to forget the bad ones somehow and yet ignore the good ones? Are we truly free from our past if we are only biased to the negative?

It's kinda how people say they don't care what others think about them yet someone give them a compliment and they get all happy.

The key, like how the power of now says is to not identify with our past even the good memories. This is key.

Instead of it being something that is us(identity) it's something that we simply observe.

In other words we still remember everything but it carries no burden. Because our true identity can only radiate from a present moment. Kind of how like an object cast a shadow. The object has to be present to cast the shadow.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.