The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Saving energy costs in households and offices!

Idea threads

Sarthak_Tyagi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Feb 23, 2021
In modern times, energy management is extremely crucial. Its effects can take place from a normal person to all the way to the country. Also there has been energy crisis and the middle East is relatively low on fuel supply. I thought of an idea where there would be a subscription based(choice between subscription and one time pay) service which would analyse your entire place every month(you chose the frequency) and optimise your home upto it's full extent and charge a small percentage of how much money they saved on your energy costs. So you can be sure that our pay really depends upon the extent we optimise your place. Now "optimise" means to inspect your house find out devices, objects or any stuff where your energy costs can be saved without costing your comfort.
So, i would need feedback and advices on the idea. Thank you!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

UnnamedBeast

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 16, 2022
In modern times, energy management is extremely crucial. Its effects can take place from a normal person to all the way to the country. Also there has been energy crisis and the middle East is relatively low on fuel supply. I thought of an idea where there would be a subscription based(choice between subscription and one time pay) service which would analyse your entire place every month(you chose the frequency) and optimise your home upto it's full extent and charge a small percentage of how much money they saved on your energy costs. So you can be sure that our pay really depends upon the extent we optimise your place. Now "optimise" means to inspect your house find out devices, objects or any stuff where your energy costs can be saved without costing your comfort.
So, i would need feedback and advices on the idea. Thank you!!
Sounds like an idea that might even work nowadays, but I think a subscription service unless really cheap wouldn't work, because instead of paying for example $50 for energy they're paying $30 plus the subscription which depending on the price of it will end up making the price they're paying for energy the same as if they weren't, which isn't really worth the price past the feel good "I'm helping save energy!". Of course this is implying that you can either shave off $20 off of someone's energy bill, or that the subscription costs energy.

Can you implement this for someone else or maybe even for your house and see how much less energy and money you end up spending? Assuming you're not going to buy solar panels or any other type of energy production that is. It might end up being really good or maybe you can create or use already existing technology to minimize consumption, which will end up allowing you to have a relatively cheap subscription or one time price and still provide lots of value.

For example, technology that could compensate people's poor energy habits like leaving the lights on for an entire day when they're not even using that room or any other kind of habit like that would be really relevant, or maybe you could replace light bulbs with LED's in order to minimize consumption? Tons of ways to go about it

Sarthak_Tyagi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Feb 23, 2021
Sounds like an idea that might even work nowadays, but I think a subscription service unless really cheap wouldn't work, because instead of paying for example $50 for energy they're paying $30 plus the subscription which depending on the price of it will end up making the price they're paying for energy the same as if they weren't, which isn't really worth the price past the feel good "I'm helping save energy!". Of course this is implying that you can either shave off $20 off of someone's energy bill, or that the subscription costs energy.

Can you implement this for someone else or maybe even for your house and see how much less energy and money you end up spending? Assuming you're not going to buy solar panels or any other type of energy production that is. It might end up being really good or maybe you can create or use already existing technology to minimize consumption, which will end up allowing you to have a relatively cheap subscription or one time price and still provide lots of value.

For example, technology that could compensate people's poor energy habits like leaving the lights on for an entire day when they're not even using that room or any other kind of habit like that would be really relevant, or maybe you could replace light bulbs with LED's in order to minimize consumption? Tons of ways to go about it
That's exactly what my technical goal is. Minimising the energy costs with already existing utilities at ur place. No solar panels and all that because that's no different than the customer buying and getting a panel installed.

UnnamedBeast

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 16, 2022
That's exactly what my technical goal is. Minimising the energy costs with already existing utilities at ur place. No solar panels and all that because that's no different than the customer buying and getting a panel installed.
Then I'd say maybe you should try doing it, try to minimize your costs at your place first, see how it works, and then slowly give the service to other people, maybe for free if you just want the feedback and numbers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.