The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

(retired) French generals threaten government?

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Is it likely France will have a civil war? It is starting to sound a little bit like the (failed) 1991 coup in Russia. They threatened the government and signed it, so I assume something will happen.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
The gov doesn't like when uncomfortable and politically incorrect truths, shared by a lot of people, are openly told.

What they are describing is our local equivalent of the leftist stuff that is going on in the US (woke & cancel culture, anti-racism bullshit...). Plus the immigration issue.

Is a civil war likely ? In the coming decades, I don't see how it can be avoided. Long term I'm preparing to leave. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
I just have a weird feeling about France. The generals' letter specifically mentions the recent beheading of a school-teacher, maybe the proximity of the violence to their children isn't going to be let go. If something happens there, I would expect it to spread to other European countries. Maybe the ongoing pandemic has changed things.

Djioul

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Apr 12, 2021
France
I just have a weird feeling about France. The generals' letter specifically mentions the recent beheading of a school-teacher, maybe the proximity of the violence to their children isn't going to be let go. If something happens there, I would expect it to spread to other European countries. Maybe the ongoing pandemic has changed things.

Is it likely France will have a civil war? It is starting to sound a little bit like the (failed) 1991 coup in Russia. They threatened the government and signed it, so I assume something will happen.

Hey @loop101 ,

In their open letters, they ask the government to act and to do something to improve our security in order to prevent a civil war. I don't think they want to start it to make a "coup d'état".

Is it likely France will have a civil war ? Who knows... There were some huge tensions with the "gilet jaune" movement and then some actions concerning the "climate change". But everything was kind of stopped by the Covid situation. I have the feeling that it calmed everyone down for reasons I don't really understand.
Now the question will be about the situation after the Covid stuff is over because there are a lot more people in a bad financial situation now. I would not be surprised to see the "Return of the Gilets Jaunes" coming in a few months (if they finally stop these lockdown BS in France).

Looks like the guys writing the letter are mainly speaking about problems that France has with terrorism & immigration. I would only say this: we will elect a new President in April-May 2022. This speech looks like a speech from our extrem right wing. They finished 2nd in 2017 behind Macron and they will probably at least finish at the same place because the problems from 2017 just got worse (I don't care about politics anymore. One or the other, none of them will "help" me like some people expect).
My opinion: looks like the chess game of the French election is just starting ! :smile2:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.