The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ready For the Fast Lane

Anda el Diablo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 29, 2017
Las Vegas
Hey guys, new to the forum here, I thought this would be a good place to make an introduction. I've been reading the millionaire fast lane (finally) and have been interested in starting an online business for a long time but always thought it wasn't a good time. Well now is the time, I need to pull the trigger.

I'm a complete n00b when it comes to online businesses so I'll be hoping to find some good info, it seems like this is the right place. I don't have much to offer in the way of business but I do when it comes to traveling, particularly Latin America. I would assume there are a lot of you here that have a lot of free time with online businesses, so I figure some of you probably travel or are interested in traveling.

A little bit of my background:

I grew up in Las Vegas. When I was 20 I moved to Colorado and started working at a ski resort (I'm an avid snowboarder). While working in said ski resort I met many people from many different places. Working at a ski resorts is nice because you have "off seasons." The place I worked closed down for 3 months a year so that gave me plenty of time to travel, and the people I was meeting in Colorado always invited me to visit them, so I took a few of them up on the offer. Eventually not only did I travel in the off seasons, but I would take all summer off to go live in random locations (all in Latin America) for 6 months at a time. In between stints in said ski town, I also spent two years in Miami. Since I was 20 I've lived in Brazil, Miami, Colorado, the Dominican Republic, and now Las Vegas. I've also spent decent stints in Cuba, Colombia, Ecuador, and Peru. So if you guys want any info, especially about the Dominican Republic or Brazil, I have loads of info and knowledge on those places, please feel free to ask.

In Colorado I made pretty good money, enough to work 6 months and take 6 months off. When I got to Vegas reality kicked in and I realized it wasn't easy to just up and find a job making that kind of money with no degree right off the bat. I'm making 1/3 of what I was in Colorado in the same industry, and the hours and pretty much everything else having to do with this job are way tougher than they were in Colorado. So basically I have a crappier jobs with 1/3 the pay. It's time to get out of the rat race and start making money for myself instead of making other people rich. Honestly, being rich isn't my main goal. My main goal is to make at least 50k a year but be able to live wherever I want in the world (there isn't a ton of money to be made in Latin America if you are trying to work a normal job) and have plenty of free time. Making a few million dollars on the way to that would be a huge bonus.

Thanks for having me and I hope to learn and share knowledge that can help all of us.

* I posted this in the "where are you from" thread before reading "getting the most out of the fast lane," where it suggests I start a new thread here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...