The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

On starting your entrepreneurial journey

Idea threads

Tomco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 9, 2023
Decided to share a journal entry I made a couple of days ago, thought it might help:

- Thanks to the internet, there are a million and one ways to generate income online. This can be considered as passive income, since you will work extremely hard to put something out there, to produce a valuable item, which will then generate income while you sleep, so to speak.
- Think about it. Right now, we aren’t earning any money. We have to trade in time by being physically at the workplace (or at a computer, maybe working from home) to earn money.
- But creating things which earn you money, irrelevant of your time, is what I am aiming towards.
- There are many different ways, but checking online, you start to see patterns. What I found out was that there are two kinds of people who make money online:
- Those who are front and centre in your face, publicly showing you their progress, while simultaneously helping others to grow their expertise. These people are usually found on YouTube (or other social media platforms), where they give out free content to amass a loyal customer base. Then they put out a highly tailored and valuable piece of content for a fee. If you get all mathematical: let us that say you have a fan base of around 50 000 people and the average price for theses ‘online courses’ are 150 - 200, then there you have between 7 500 000 - 10 000 000 income.
- Obviously, taxes and other expenses come into play. but the point is, the material was written once, and then it’s available forever (or until it is taken down)
-The other kind of person is the one whose working behind the scenes and providing value to a particular niche. This individual is capable of earning income, since they are producing something for a very very particular pain point, which since not a lot of people have it, those that do have it, will become attracted to your brand immediately.
- Examples of this include MJ De Marco, which created a web service for limos and limo companies, where they could advertise their products online and customers could choose what they preferred, kind of like Uber or Bolt, before these became a thing.
- Others include creating a product for a particular group of people, like for example coffee for body builders.
- I truly believe that, there is no fixed way on how to become rich online. This youtuber might tell you that Youtube is the ‘thing’ right now, and its’s the easiest way forward. Another might tell you that designing products for a particular niche and launching an ecommerce website will turn you into a millionaire by working really hard.
- But, they are just ‘selling’ you their sequence, their routine, their lucky streak. Sure, other’s might pick on and become successful with it, but in the end it’s what I’m good at that matters. If I’m going against my gut and feeling unsatisfied, what will be the point?
- I’m not saying to go and find your passion and do some soul searching. Sure, these might help, but what if the market doesn’t need your passion? You’ll remain broke.
- But you are unique. Find out what makes you you. You don’t have to be excellent in something to be successful, you could be decent in 3 different areas, which builds a unique set of skills; this is the way to beat competitors. I need to journal more on this…
- To start I have to act and produce. Because in the world there are two types of individuals: those who consume, and those who produce. One can’t exist without the other, and we as human’s cannot not consume (it’s in the name), but we can choose what we eat. That’s why stopping social media and instead investing in skills is a better way forward.
- And by acting, you’ll know what you are good at, what makes you the most fulfilled. By taking action, you’ll become more aware of the environment around you, and you become more in tune with what people need.
- Complaints are just lessons to improve.
- Because at the end of it all, I’m not doing it to become rich. Yes, money is very valuable and powerful, but it will not solve all your problems, it will only solve your money problems.
- I’m doing this to become a better version of myself while providing value to those who need it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
A

Anon45x4yB

Decided to share a journal entry I made a couple of days ago, thought it might help:

- Thanks to the internet, there are a million and one ways to generate income online. This can be considered as passive income, since you will work extremely hard to put something out there, to produce a valuable item, which will then generate income while you sleep, so to speak.
- Think about it. Right now, we aren’t earning any money. We have to trade in time by being physically at the workplace (or at a computer, maybe working from home) to earn money.
- But creating things which earn you money, irrelevant of your time, is what I am aiming towards.
- There are many different ways, but checking online, you start to see patterns. What I found out was that there are two kinds of people who make money online:
- Those who are front and centre in your face, publicly showing you their progress, while simultaneously helping others to grow their expertise. These people are usually found on YouTube (or other social media platforms), where they give out free content to amass a loyal customer base. Then they put out a highly tailored and valuable piece of content for a fee. If you get all mathematical: let us that say you have a fan base of around 50 000 people and the average price for theses ‘online courses’ are 150 - 200, then there you have between 7 500 000 - 10 000 000 income.
- Obviously, taxes and other expenses come into play. but the point is, the material was written once, and then it’s available forever (or until it is taken down)
-The other kind of person is the one whose working behind the scenes and providing value to a particular niche. This individual is capable of earning income, since they are producing something for a very very particular pain point, which since not a lot of people have it, those that do have it, will become attracted to your brand immediately.
- Examples of this include MJ De Marco, which created a web service for limos and limo companies, where they could advertise their products online and customers could choose what they preferred, kind of like Uber or Bolt, before these became a thing.
- Others include creating a product for a particular group of people, like for example coffee for body builders.
- I truly believe that, there is no fixed way on how to become rich online. This youtuber might tell you that Youtube is the ‘thing’ right now, and its’s the easiest way forward. Another might tell you that designing products for a particular niche and launching an ecommerce website will turn you into a millionaire by working really hard.
- But, they are just ‘selling’ you their sequence, their routine, their lucky streak. Sure, other’s might pick on and become successful with it, but in the end it’s what I’m good at that matters. If I’m going against my gut and feeling unsatisfied, what will be the point?
- I’m not saying to go and find your passion and do some soul searching. Sure, these might help, but what if the market doesn’t need your passion? You’ll remain broke.
- But you are unique. Find out what makes you you. You don’t have to be excellent in something to be successful, you could be decent in 3 different areas, which builds a unique set of skills; this is the way to beat competitors. I need to journal more on this…
- To start I have to act and produce. Because in the world there are two types of individuals: those who consume, and those who produce. One can’t exist without the other, and we as human’s cannot not consume (it’s in the name), but we can choose what we eat. That’s why stopping social media and instead investing in skills is a better way forward.
- And by acting, you’ll know what you are good at, what makes you the most fulfilled. By taking action, you’ll become more aware of the environment around you, and you become more in tune with what people need.
- Complaints are just lessons to improve.
- Because at the end of it all, I’m not doing it to become rich. Yes, money is very valuable and powerful, but it will not solve all your problems, it will only solve your money problems.
- I’m doing this to become a better version of myself while providing value to those who need it.
Really interesting.
Unfortunately nowadays, Youtube and social media are full of gurus. Consider the ENTRY command! If 50,000 people are on the same niche, you are definitely an ant among them! In my opinion, "get rich EASY" is just an illusion. Many confuse getting rich quick or getting rich quick. People can become millionaires by selling underwear or paperclips: some buisnesses can seems ridiculous, but all depends on the NEED. Better an empty market without competitors than a market saturated with competition.
Youtube is a double-edged sword, it can be full of information and gold, but also of fly traps!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.