The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

need help to come up with a business model for a message board for recruiters

MichaelCash

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Apr 7, 2013
New York
Hello,
I run a message board for recruiters where they post job offerings and new positions. After some promotion, I have a few posts per day regularly. Unfortunately, a bigger part of their content is not unique because it usually first posted somewhere else, e.g. on indeed or LinkedIn. However, some small part of their posts is more unique. The second biggest problem is that the number of recruiters significantly outweighs the number of job seekers.

Is there anything that I can do in this situation?

What are my options to monetize my website or pump up its position in search engines?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Grinder20

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
May 28, 2019
Hello,
I run a message board for recruiters where they post job offerings and new positions. After some promotion, I have a few posts per day regularly. Unfortunately, a bigger part of their content is not unique because it usually first posted somewhere else, e.g. on indeed or LinkedIn. However, some small part of their posts is more unique. The second biggest problem is that the number of recruiters significantly outweighs the number of job seekers.

Is there anything that I can do in this situation?

What are my options to monetize my website or pump up its position in search engines?

@MichaelCash,

I have quite a bit of experience posting on job boards, as I'm sure many others do, so I'm sure we can help you. However, first we need to know more about your business.

Do you service a broad range of recruiters or a specific industry and/or niche?

You mentioned you've done some promotion, what did you do?

What differentiates you from LinkedIn and Indeed?

What kind of revenue model? (If you want to share)

MichaelCash

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Apr 7, 2013
New York
@MichaelCash,

I have quite a bit of experience posting on job boards, as I'm sure many others do, so I'm sure we can help you. However, first we need to know more about your business.

Do you service a broad range of recruiters or a specific industry and/or niche?

You mentioned you've done some promotion, what did you do?

What differentiates you from LinkedIn and Indeed?

What kind of revenue model? (If you want to share)

1. It is mostly IT-related job, software engineers, testers, web designers, project managers, etc
2. I did guest posting on forums, article marketing, blogs, linkedIn promotion, bought some gigs on Fiverr, some pages got indexed and picked up by google
3. I didn't even think about what differentiates me from Google... This is a message board where tech professionals can ask recruiters some questions related to the positions they post. But in a reality, 99% of all posts are posts from the recruiters
4. I didn't think about a revenue model yet, but I guess I can place a google ad sense of my message board get enough attention.

Thanks
M

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.