The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My first Climb

Anything related to matters of the mind

ryjohn829

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Feb 20, 2020
Suburbs of Boston, Massachusetts
I feel like I need to start something ASAP. I’ve been doing a lot of reading. I picked up the millionaire fastlane and got hooked on audiobooks. I’ve read; unscripted, 4 hour work week, rich dad poor dad, & will it fly (currently reading). I think I should dump my ideas and start fresh. Everything I had seams near impossible. I’m stuck in the illusion of progress. I just keep starting over. I move from idea to idea. None of them are good. Ideas are everywhere but most of them suck. Anyone have this kinda stress when they started? Any other young entrepreneurs?

I have some ideas but they are all so big and complicated. I think I’m going to have to come up with some new ideas. I’ve been told I need to climb a tree before I can climb a mountain. I think that person is right. What scale of a business is climbing a tree? Is it a big tree? Small tree? Oak? Bitch? I need to figure out what kind of tree. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
I feel like I need to start something ASAP. I’ve been doing a lot of reading. I picked up the millionaire fastlane and got hooked on audiobooks. I’ve read; unscripted, 4 hour work week, rich dad poor dad, & will it fly (currently reading). I think I should dump my ideas and start fresh. Everything I had seams near impossible. I’m stuck in the illusion of progress. I just keep starting over. I move from idea to idea. None of them are good. Ideas are everywhere but most of them suck. Anyone have this kinda stress when they started? Any other young entrepreneurs?

I have some ideas but they are all so big and complicated. I think I’m going to have to come up with some new ideas. I’ve been told I need to climb a tree before I can climb a mountain. I think that person is right. What scale of a business is climbing a tree? Is it a big tree? Small tree? Oak? Bitch? I need to figure out what kind of tree. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Stop overthinking it. I was the same way when I joined a few years ago.

Go to an existing industry and be a sales rep or freelancer. You know that way money is to be made.

The focus will simply become speaking value and following through to attract more and more money.

Need is the core commandment of the Unscripted framework that ties it all together. Execution is following through and laying it brick by brick and adjusting to the feedback. These two things are the cornerstone of value creation.

Worry about everything else once your cornerstone is laid.

ryjohn829

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Feb 20, 2020
Stop overthinking it. I was the same way when I joined a few years ago.

Go to an existing industry and be a sales rep or freelancer. You know that way money is to be made.

The focus will simply become speaking value and following through to attract more and more money.

Need is the core commandment of the Unscripted framework that ties it all together. Execution is following through and laying it brick by brick and adjusting to the feedback. These two things are the cornerstone of value creation.

Worry about everything else once your cornerstone is laid.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey and welcome to the forum! I agree with what @Process said. Its important for you to learn sales. Once you know how to sell, start your own business selling a product. Once you have a sales system for that product in place, improve it in some way and import that product or produce it yourself and make $$$$.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
What are your big big ideas? Just because you do not see a way to accomplish them is not an issue. If you can see a clear path, the idea is probably not big enough.

ryjohn829

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Feb 20, 2020
What are your big big ideas? Just because you do not see a way to accomplish them is not an issue. If you can see a clear path, the idea is probably not big enough.
That’s actually really smart. I didn’t even think about that. I like this forum. Everyone here is very helpful.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lukeymacca

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Nov 26, 2014
Quality advice right there! Also there is merit in just starting something, sounds like you are overthinking it and many (including myself) spend too much time thinking and no time doing. Its better to progress with an ok idea then to wait for the perfect idea that will never come. You'll learn and grow as you execute.

Last edited:

ryjohn829

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Feb 20, 2020
Quality advice right there! Also there is merit in just starting something, sounds like you are overthinking it and many (including myself) spend too much time thinking and no time doing. Its better to progress with an ok idea then to wait for the perfect idea that will never come. You'll learn and grow as you execute.
i know what i am doing is wrong. I keep throwing away ideas and jumping to the next one. I need to find something and stick to it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.