The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Meeting a mentor

Vaness859

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Dec 10, 2019
I need some tips on finding a mentor. I’m very new to entrepreneurship and I would love to learn as much as I can. Does anyone have any experience with finding a mentor?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
I need some tips on finding a mentor. I’m very new to entrepreneurship and I would love to learn as much as I can. Does anyone have any experience with finding a mentor?
Just reach out to someone.

It literally just happened to me minutes ago about starting a woodworking business, although I don't see myself as being anywhere near qualified to be a mentor.20200202_210314.png

Hopefully i can help the guy out. I'll most likely just send him here so he can learn from people who know what they're talking about. :)

Btw, this place is the land of 1000 mentors. Welcome aboard!

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
What do you need mentoring in?

Vaness859

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Dec 10, 2019
What do you need mentoring in?
Thank you for responding. I am a 34 year old women, married with 3 kids. I have been a hairdresser for 15 years and am looking to turn a direction in my career. I want to shift to business owner (not related to hairdressing), and investor. I have a couple business ideas but I don’t know anyone who has opened a successful business to ask how they did it. I guess I’m just stuck and I want to learn as much as I can to get to my goal.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Thank you for responding. I am a 34 year old women, married with 3 kids. I have been a hairdresser for 15 years and am looking to turn a direction in my career. I want to shift to business owner (not related to hairdressing), and investor. I have a couple business ideas but I don’t know anyone who has opened a successful business to ask how they did it. I guess I’m just stuck and I want to learn as much as I can to get to my goal.

If you havent read MJ`s books, start there.
If you have, then you already have some idea about what a successful business is.

You said that you are a hairdresser.
This means that you have contact with alot of people.
Surely you talk to them and can figure out if the have a problem that needs solving or a need that they have? Maybe some of them are business owners?
Also, why not ask your clients about what it is that they do?
Maybe you can bounce ideas of of them.
My point is, you`re already there working, why not use that time more productively?
Hope this helps.

Vaness859

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Dec 10, 2019
If you havent read MJ`s books, start there.
If you have, then you already have some idea about what a successful business is.

You said that you are a hairdresser.
This means that you have contact with alot of people.
Surely you talk to them and can figure out if the have a problem that needs solving or a need that they have? Maybe some of them are business owners?
Also, why not ask your clients about what it is that they do?
Maybe you can bounce ideas of of them.
My point is, you`re already there working, why not use that time more productively?
Hope this helps.
I have read the millionaire fast lane which I loved and have yet to read unscripted . I’ve also been reading Robert Kiyosaki’s cash flow quadrant and rich dad poor dad. I’m working on Robert Kiyosaki’s “choose to be rich” coarse as well. I have casually brought up my business ideas to my clients to see what type of reactions I get, which have been very helpful. Thank you for your tips, I very much appreciate it!

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona

The most obvious answer to this is books. Who has achieved what you are looking to and have they written about it?

Additionally, and as @broswoodwork alluded to above. Reach out to them, but in the right way. Every business owner is inundated with emails/calls about how “I can get you more customers! Call me now because space is limited! Blah, blah, blah”

What they don’t get is emails or better, a handwritten note saying “I really admire what you’ve built. I would love to buy you a coffee and ask you a few questions about how you did it”

That approach would get you several coffee appointments, some “Thanks, why don’t you send them via email?” and inevitably a few no thanks, but not many.

Lastly, I’d check out MasterClass. If you want to write a check to go faster there’s little out there that’s a better value for the money.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Maybe this thread who is posted by Demarco will help you

Vaness859

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Dec 10, 2019
Just reach out to someone.

It literally just happened to me minutes ago about starting a woodworking business, although I don't see myself as being anywhere near qualified to be a mentor.View attachment 30098

Hopefully i can help the guy out. I'll most likely just send him here so he can learn from people who know what they're talking about. :)

Btw, this place is the land of 1000 mentors. Welcome aboard!
Thank you so much for responding, I appreciate the tips!

Vaness859

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Dec 10, 2019
The most obvious answer to this is books. Who has achieved what you are looking to and have they written about it?

Additionally, and as @broswoodwork alluded to above. Reach out to them, but in the right way. Every business owner is inundated with emails/calls about how “I can get you more customers! Call me now because space is limited! Blah, blah, blah”

What they don’t get is emails or better, a handwritten note saying “I really admire what you’ve built. I would love to buy you a coffee and ask you a few questions about how you did it”

That approach would get you several coffee appointments, some “Thanks, why don’t you send them via email?” and inevitably a few no thanks, but not many.

Lastly, I’d check out MasterClass. If you want to write a check to go faster there’s little out there that’s a better value for the money.

Thank you so much, I will check out masterclass and start approaching mentors!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.