The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mainstream News and its effects on motivation

Anything related to matters of the mind

wordwarrior

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 16, 2019
Montreal, Canada
If this tweet is true, news is designed to enrage you:

Jim O'Shaughnessy on Twitter

My personal experience confirms this. A while back I was mostly just reading and working on personal projects in my free time. I added a second Twitter account following only entrepreneurs and read only its feed and not the one from my main account.

A beneficial side effect of all this was that I totally lost track of the news and current events. And I felt way better. I had more energy, motivation, and focus. I felt clearer.

Then I reverted back to my old habits and my motivation and energy waned. I got more irritated For example, I started following the carbon tax debate in Canada (which of course is a polarizing topic).

Outrage by news seems to be fiendishly clever. A article/column either on your side or opposed to your side of the political can cause equal amounts of outrage. This leads to less energy to fight the SCRIPT.

Who would have thought that following the news would do to your brain what sugar does to your waistline?

So, how do you stay legitimately informed and not be affected by this? Do you stick to reading only AP/CP press releases?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.