The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for clever ways to offload literally hundreds of Tub drains and spouts

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Last year I came across a pallet of returned tub drains and spouts. I got the whole thing for a couple hundred bucks. We went through and organized everything, took photos, put them up on Ebay, and easily made my money back many times over. Now, though, I've still got hundreds of these things, literally a pickup truck of plastic totes, left over that weren't selling very fast.

I'm bringing them over to storage today to get them out of my immediate problem. Just looking to find ideas on how to offload these without resorting to pitching them in the dump.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Giant metal macaroni art?

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Liquidation.com. I sold home shopping network returns by the truckload (40 pallets to a truck) years ago. At the end of it, I'd made not enough money to make it worth my while, and ended up needing to get rid of the stuff that wasn't selling. I sold it all in one fell swoop on Liquidation.com and ended up bringing in $8000 or so on stuff that would have sat in the warehouse forever had I tried to sell it individually on ebay.

Edit: the advantage of selling it on Liquidation.com is that someone else will look at it and say, 'hey, I can make some money off of that.' They won't necessarily think through their purchase. People with a few thousand to burn who want an easy in to online sales will bid. They don't realize that what you're listing has already had most of its value picked through.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Ben Taylor

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Dec 7, 2015
This is dependent on size of the product, but you could do some direct marketing for a local business related to the product, I'm thinking a plumber from your description, and use them to get those on your list to open the mailers.

Or, to qualify potential leads, send out the mailers with a postcard to send back so they can ask for the drains and spouts.

Either way, the objective would be to pull them into a sales funnel. You could do this online too and sell the leads you generate. That would be more costly though and it would probably be better if you had an online business related to the drains so you could use it as a loss leader.

Maybe sell them back to an online plumbing supply company and pitch them that idea? Hope I've given you some ideas to get creative with.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
If you was in Nebraska I could have them sold for you in 1 minute but since you are not, call a few plumbers. Big ones, small ones..... they all use them.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.