The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Living in unfavorable condition for fastlane or is it

zakaria adan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 4, 2023
I live in Somalia a war torn country where survival is the Norm and there is not much development here ;no infrastructure,no good jobs and many other inconveniences that you will find in other countries,Many of our youth run to other countries .I work for a hotel and worked for some Health care NGOs here .there is alot of needs here and problems to solve ,I have read two books of MJ DeMarco and got the books from a friend in canada ,because most western books are not found here ,only the popular ones like How to win friends and think and grow rich etc .I have read many business books ,such a useful book was Who owns the ice house ,uncle cleve situation is like mine I think ,a life with limitations . I like to give to my community here and I also need a good quality of life .I have a conflict in my mind to stay and contribute to my country and be uncle cleve .iiiiiii I as or any other entreprenuer who made his country and people great or to move to other country with easier life which is hard for me now .

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Hi

Who is staying in hotels in Somalia? I can't imagine it's tourists. So is it representatives from UK/US/EU/Chinese companies and politicians?

Because you are correct in one aspect. The problems are staring at you every time you open your eyes. Water, health, hospitals, waste, communications etc etc. Things late 19th Century Britain was solving are things you are having to solve now.

Having connections would be a great help to you and they are probably guests in the hotel you work at.

Do you know who Kashoggi was? The uncle, not the nephew who was killed a couple of years ago?

When Saudi was one big desert with nothing much in it he heard that the nascent construction industry had problems with machinery that could traverse the sand without sinking. He called a US machinery company and brokered for them to get a Saudi contract and that Saudi construction company could therefore get the job done quickly and win more Government contracts.

Everyone was a winner.

Dan

zakaria adan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 4, 2023
Do you know who Kashoggi was? The uncle, not the nephew who was killed a couple of years ago?

When Saudi was one big desert with nothing much in it he heard that the nascent construction industry had problems with machinery that could traverse the sand without sinking. He called a US machinery company and brokered for them to get a Saudi contract and that Saudi construction company could therefore get the job done quickly and win more Government contracts.

Everyone was a winner.

Dan
Hi ,Yes the hotel guests are mostly Natives and diaspora. You will see people from other countries only in international organisations and some refugees from Yemen,Syria and ethiopia .I live in the North ,which is more peaceful part of Somalia .I can start an Internet business because the Internet is cheap here and people use it mostly altough life is inconvenient .I was thinking of starting a clothing store using the Internet as a channel .
Thanks

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!