The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Legends as mentors/counselors? Cabinet of invisible counselors

Anything related to matters of the mind

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Imagine. Today is an extremely lucky day for you. You have the option to pick 5 people as mentors. Anyone. Buffet, Munger, Bezos, Musk... Hell, @MJ DeMarco. They will be on speed dial for you and will drop anything they do when you call them to provide guidance.

Really, take a moment. Think about it. Who would that be? why?

Oh, wait. That is not all. You are even luckier:
1. You can choose among death people too. Rockefeller? Benjamin Franklin? Tesla?
2. You can replace anyone at anytime.

What if I tell you, you can? No typo, you read it. You can!

I don't remember when I read about Napoleon Hill's Cabinet of Invisible Counselors, but it stuck. It is shame that I never took the time to use that technique consistently. Every now and then it comes & then I forget about it.

In his own words:
"
Long before I had ever written a line for publication, or endeavored to deliver a speech in public, I followed the habit of reshaping my own character, by trying to imitate the nine men whose lives and life-works had been most impressive to me. These nine men were, Emerson, Paine, Edison, Darwin, Lincoln, Burbank, Napoleon, Ford, and Carnegie. Every night, over a long period of years, I held an imaginary Council meeting with this group whom I called my “Invisible Counselors.”

The procedure was this. Just before going to sleep at night, I would shut my eyes, and see, in my imagination, this group of men seated with me around my Council Table. Here I had not only an opportunity to sit among those whom I considered to be great, but I actually dominated the group, by serving as the Chairman.

I had a very DEFINITE PURPOSE in indulging my imagination through these nightly meetings. My purpose was to rebuild my own character so it would represent a composite of the characters of my imaginary counselors. [...]

[...]In these imaginary Council meetings I called on my Cabinet members for the knowledge I wished each to contribute, addressing myself to each member in audible words [...]"
Essentially, using creative imagination and asking: "What was Bezos?" when facing an execution decision or "what would Buffet/Munger do" when facing an investing decision.

Mind you, one will need to learn about the "counsellors" he picks.

I find that approach interesting.
- what do you think about it?
- What will be your cabinet and why?

Mine now will be:
1. Marcus Aurelius. The wise man.
2. Jeff Bezos: for his ability to execute and on business decisions. The business man.
3. Charlie Munger: for his thinking abilities. The thinker.
4. Richard Feyman. High intellect, high curiority and amazing abililty to explain complex things
5. *** vacant.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.