The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO It's Good to Be Here

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Rydez

New Contributor
Dec 7, 2019
My name is Ryan, I'm 26, and I'm here to learn.

I've only ever had two goals in life, and I've had them since I was in high school. 1) Become an engineer, 2) Own a business. The first goal was so I would become useful and move out of my parent's house. The second was so I could get ahead of the pack and eventually support my parents.

I studied physics in college and since then I've been a software engineer. I've been in the industry for about 4 years. I'm an above-average engineer with a job that I'm proud to have. It's the second goal that I'm struggling with. I've been seriously pursuing business ownership for about 3-4 years. All of my past attempts have revolved around creating a start-up. I've started to feel like I'm getting no where and that the effort isn't worth it. Starting a business is hard, starting a business while working full-time is nearly impossible (Calm down, I didn't say "is impossible"!). From briefly lurking on this forum, I've found that maybe there's a better way. This post was enlightening. I've read it three times over and I've started researching buying a business instead of starting a business. I've been hustling up skill and money since starting as a software engineer. I've only ever tried to leverage my skill, but now I will leverage my skill and money.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Welcome aboard, sounds like you've got a great foundation for a Fastlane.

Wowabunga

New Contributor
Dec 6, 2019
Polecat Hollar, PA
Single Mom and motivator Lisa Nichols teaches: "Success comes with a price that's normally bigger than most people want to pay." I worked till 4:30 am last night and now back in the saddle this morning so yea I'm paying in to win.

Enjoy Life... It's Later Than You Think.

Ramblin Randy
Wowabunga Entertainment Company

OP
OP
R

Rydez

New Contributor
Dec 7, 2019
Welcome aboard, sounds like you've got a great foundation for a Fastlane.
Thank you.

"Success comes with a price that's normally bigger than most people want to pay."
I like that quote. Makes sense if you compare people who start on equal footing, or if you define success to be proportional to the distance from where one starts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
New Course! Upwork Client Psychology I #UdemyApproved! Upwork Client Psychology I is designed...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

The 2020 Fastlane Summit

This event SOLD OUT in October. For authorized resale tickets, please check ticket resales or contact the forum directly.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom