The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is anyone using electronic business cards?

Marketing, social media, advertising

maximusharrison

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 1, 2021
Had a few of those sent to me as an email signature. My strongest impression is how much information you can include! A friend of mine working as a recruiter tells me that, for example, content writers often add them to their resumes as QR codes, and scanning gives instant access to their digital portfolio. I have a couple of conferences to attend later this year, so I'm considering switching from traditional paper cards and sharing these instead. Some offer the option for a multi-language card, as I saw, which is great for networking.
The bottom line is - I read about e-business cards, and am getting an idea of what you can do with them, now I would really appreciate your personal experience - is it as cool as it sounds? And did you fully ditch the paper cards? By the way, haven't decided on the maker yet, so if you have a recommendation - please do share.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nopalmer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Feb 7, 2023
I haven't fully switched, instead, I printed my card code on the physical card. For now, I'm sharing both. Chances are some of my info will need updating soon, so that's when I'll stop giving away the paper cards. This is one of the biggest advantages of digital cards, in my opinion - you can update anything without the need to resend them. You change the position or a phone number - a few clicks and it's all there. I read the best digital business card reviews here before deciding, very helpful since they compare the makers based on nine different factors (like design options, bulk creation, analytics...). As a human, having personal experience, I recommend you read the article, as I believe it will give you a good idea of the options available out there.

maximusharrison

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 1, 2021
I haven't fully switched, instead, I printed my card code on the physical card. For now, I'm sharing both. Chances are some of my info will need updating soon, so that's when I'll stop giving away the paper cards. This is one of the biggest advantages of digital cards, in my opinion - you can update anything without the need to resend them. You change the position or a phone number - a few clicks and it's all there. I read the best digital business card reviews here before deciding, very helpful since they compare the makers based on nine different factors (like design options, bulk creation, analytics...). As a human, having personal experience, I recommend you read the article, as I believe it will give you a good idea of the options available out there.
Thanks, fellow human
:grin:
You're right - it indeed is helpful. Didn't even consider some of the features relevant until now. Looking into it closely.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Yes, I use a Dot Card. But come to find out that people still want a regular business card. So I would probably do both. The reason why I do dot cards is because you can add your contact in their phone if wanted to give you a call.

maximusharrison

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 1, 2021
Yes, I use a Dot Card. But come to find out that people still want a regular business card. So I would probably do both. The reason why I do dot cards is because you can add your contact in their phone if wanted to give you a call.
That's a very practical feature, thanks for sharing!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I love mine. I stopped buying real business cards.

Mine is called a Linq. You basically build a free link tree and share contact information.

It gets theirs too.

JPoh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 23, 2019
Interesting! So far I have been giving out physical business cards with a QR code that links to my website. I'll definitely look into them since most of my clients are overseas, so being able to share my contact info instantly and digitally sounds great for my business.

Thanks for sharing!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.