The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction

Gintas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Jun 16, 2020
Bt716bz
Hello guys my name's Gintas Tuska. I have listened to both of MJ's audiobooks and they have definitely impacted my mindset on how I look at business.

Here's a little backstory about me:

I come from a small country called Lithuania and until I turned 17 I spent all my life in a little village. When I turned 17 I decided to get out of Lithuania and seek further education abroad. Since my dad was already living in Northern Ireland UK I had the best opportunity to start a new life and I took it.

When I came to UK a whole new chapter of my life has started and for the first time in my life I went to a big educational institution. I managed to spend a year in a local college until I couldn't take it anymore and dropped out and looking back it was definitely the right thing to do. But I didn't drop out because I realized of how conventional wisdom is making me a compliant corporate worker I dropped out because I got probably the worst course that the college could offer. That was because I came from a small school and my qualifications couldn't be approved.

Now with a bunch of new friends and no money to sustain my lifestyle I needed to get a job and. I got a job working as a paint shop preparation boy and that got me more than enough money to get by and since I had money and I didn't know how to use I got very interested in chasing the temporary pleasures in life...

Past forward a year and I've changed quite a few jobs and been working in a metal factory for about half a year by now I've been quite familiar with the shady side of this world. Coming from Lithuania I have never been out drinking not to talk about drugs, but in UK I've tried quite a few variations of everything and got really hooked on pot. In this point of my life I didn't care about my future all I wanted to do is party, play video games, watch movies, eat shit and do whatever's "fun" in life.

Being a total deadbeat with no goals I somehow managed to get a girlfriend, well that didn't last very long and after 4 months she dumped me when I went to visit her in Netherlands at 2018 Christmas. I was absolutely crushed I didn't know what to do or where to go... I was stuck with a person that I didn't want to see anymore and on top of that I managed to lose my wallet and couldn't get out of the country.

This was the lowest point of my life I lost interest in everything I didn't want to do anything or talk to anybody I just wanted to get out of there and never come back, but my options were limited. Eventually some good old lady found my wallet and reported it to authorities. As soon as I got my wallet I booked the first flight out of Netherlands back to UK.

I came back just on the New year's Eve and all I wanted to do was stay home but my best friend at the time managed to pull me out of my house and go drinking to "forget about it" the more I drunk the more I thought about it and got even more emotional. After having enough to drink not even waiting for the New year's to come I started sobbing and walked back home and just went to sleep.

After a month of my meaningless job I saw an add on YouTube which was promoting some dropshipping course and I've never heard about online income I've only thought that online income is for professionals and definitely not for a yap like me. The same day as I saw this course I watched their webinar and got really excited I stayed up till like 4 am when I had work at 7 am and the same day I bought this course.

In the training section I heard a lot about mindset and all of the bullshit on how you have to change you thought before making money, at first I thought it was just dumb and I just wanted to skip the whole training, but since I invested quite a lot of money I thought I'll give self-improvement a try.

I read my first non sci-fi book ever at the start of 2019 and I got absolutely hooked on self development after one book another 50 followed in half a year, I got replaced most of my bad habits with good ones, including healthy eating, exercising, meditating, journaling and a lot more and most importantly I got rid of all my bad influences and friends who were negative and leading me the wrong path. From a realist ( which was really a pessimist) I turned into a bright optimist and started looking at life with glass half full sort of a view.

I was progressing exponentially on the inside, but unfortunately on the outside it was a whole different story because my business wasn't going anywhere. I've built 2 Shopify stores and only sold 1 or 2 items and spend about a thousand on advertising. After about half a year I was drained because all I did was work in my day to day job after that I worked on my online business weekends were for business I only had business on my mind, but not seeing any results got me down.

I decided to take a couple weeks off back in my home country and relax from everything, but after 2 weeks I managed to miss my flight back to UK and got myself fired from my longest held job at the moment which I worked in for about a year. After that I was just doing jobs all over the place and I stopped doing business for a little while and focused on myself.

After another few months I recharged and got all of my motivation back, but this time I've done everything different I've built different stores and got about 7 sales with much less of marketing budget, but eventually I ran out of money and just gave up on dropshipping.

After dropshipping my journey of chasing the new big thing started because I've tried a little bit of everything and since I couldn't focus on one thing I wasn't very successful no schocker there.

I have never stopped reading books and even though starting out in business gave me the motivation to read books I never stopped because I fell in love with self development after thousands of pounds spent in worthless courses and a lot of mistakes I found MJ's work which gave me a whole new paradigm on the world.

After all my failures I'm done on chasing easy money and now I'm much more interested in starting something worthwhile. After many failures I realized where are my weak points and I try to focus on getting rid of them even though I've came a long way from being a deadbeat there's still a far way to go.

I've set a lot of goals for myself and I want to be a lifestyle entrepreneur, being able to travel with my business and not having to worry about money.

I am still in UK currently and I am quite done with this place hopefully until July the Airports will open and I will be able to quit my dead end job and focus on building something meaningful. Corona has helped me to pay out all my debts and save up some money and now I'm ready to focus my whole attention on one thing so if you guys have any suggestions of a good business opportunity or maybe you're looking for a partner feel free to reach out to me.

I love this forum because there's a lot of valuable information and I don't feel like I'm being sold all the time, so take care guys and I'll see you on the forum!

Thanks for reading.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...