The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Intro + Current Venture Progress (data membership site)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
Background
Skilled in building things (programming, product design, data / machine learning). Read TMF , and others. Have had previous experience on other ventures. Have had some success, but spent too much time jumping around between different ideas.

Its easy to find reasons why an idea won't work. But if you keep your eyes open you will see others executing on ideas that you thought wouldn't work. Its better to keep increasing the value skew until there is overwhelming value.

Current venture and value skew

Data / membership site centred around the startup and VC space. Leadgen will use an email list and free content with paid content as an upgrade.

The content will include things like industry / startup breakdowns. We will track emerging startups and investors. Provide content on SaaS stacks, how to build no code SaaS, growth methods used by different startups. Even show off startup's platforms and sales emails so others can learn from this information.

Monetization
Monetization methods will include paid subscriptions, but also could take an agency twist. The content demonstrates credibility on various subjects, then there is the option to say: "That is the guide on how to do it, but if you want us to build it for you, we can do that for a fee of $------. "

Services might include building SaaS backend / apps / machine learning apps / no code apps / etc.

Affiliate income could be an option on things like recommended software / hardware, however its better to be on the other side of those programs.

Next tasks

- Backend for membership site is done, landing page done, but need to replace copy.
- Need to add content and data that has been scraped.

Feedback

- Thoughts?
- How much content did your membership site have initially?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The content will include things like industry / startup breakdowns. We will track emerging startups and investors. Provide content on SaaS stacks, how to build no code SaaS, growth methods used by different startups. Even show off startup's platforms and sales emails so others can learn from this information.

Very interesting, is this the type of service you were looking for? In other words, are you scratching your own itch?

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
Very interesting, is this the type of service you were looking for? In other words, are you scratching your own itch?
It is something I would use. It is also based on a need that I have observed within certain markets.

I will use the content to build the newsletter list, and then later identify other products / services that can be sold to this 'captive audience'. Each product / service I add increases the value skew. Some of the products and services could be software based, other agency style service approach.

An example project that is inspiration is called donotpay (not my business). If you haven't heard of it, its a robot / automated law firm. The value skew is massive they have compiled, mainly by taking a bunch of everyday microservices centered around law and solving all of them. Features include stuff like cancelling freetrials automatically, suing someone in smalls claims court, fighting traffic tickets, etc. You pay a flat fee, and get access to the entire toolbox.

For entreprenuers creating a brand like this, with comprehensive overhelming valuestack with full firepower directed to one audience or type of problem is a great approach. Rather than jumping from idea to idea, stick with one idea and increase the ammount of value you offer.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...