• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Ideas from Teenage Shark Tank Contestants

Discussion in 'Ideas, Needs, Concept Feedback' started by CaptainAmerica, May 24, 2018.

1. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,681
    Monday night, I went to the High School Shark Tank Event - I was mentor for a couple of contestants.

Want to springboard your imagination? Here's the products that were presented:

- stuffed animals with different textures and essential oil diffuser (yes, they brought a stuffed shark!)

- a refillable golf cleaner gizmo that combines a small WD40 canister and a groove cleaner (my guys!)

- a heat status mug with a wider range of heat registers, with a code on the handle

- lemonade mixed with edible glitter for a swirly effect

- a portable chassis for PC gaming computers

- a college app that runs on ads, where HS students fill out one form to apply to all the colleges

- old-fashioned outdoor shoe rubbers - only made of silicone

- a field-of-vision stabilizer gizmo for VR gaming

- low-weight joint braces for night wear

These are all awesome, and the judges really put them through the wringer. The winner was the college app team!

2. wade1mil

wade1mil ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,968
    Very cool. I wish they had that when I was in high school.

An app that runs on ads...
    That users only need to visit once...
    Who typically don't have money to spend.
    That idea won?

And for that reason, I'm out.

3. IGP

IGP Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,734
    Ads for student loans, colleges etc pay out big time on a CPC basis.

You're short sighted on the audience here. It is not repeat customers, but a constant flow of evergreen customers each year.

Much like a mortgage ads, a single customer may have a mortgage once every 15-30 years, there isn't repeat business there either and mortgage sites with ads do very well.

Kingmaker, rwhyan and jon2089 like this.
  4. exclusives88

exclusives88 Silver Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $5,889
    I had the exact idea when I was in College 10 years ago.. but an idea is just an idea. Glad someone might be actually making it a reality

Kingmaker likes this.
  5. rwhyan

rwhyan Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,737
    I'm quite surprised the college app won.

That pretty much already exists and is used on a large scale: the Common App and the Coalition App (both not-for-profits). Either of those allow a standardized application to be mass-sent to colleges. Although, some colleges require additional application work on their own sites, and since those parts are unique to each college, you have to fill them out individually. The Common App already is pretty much universally used by high schoolers, and I really cannot envision any app (with ads too) competing with it.

6. rwhyan

rwhyan Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,737
    Huh, interesting about the student loans/colleges ads. I run an education site and might be interested. Is it usually just being an affiliate for the student loan provider/college?

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.