The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Launched a CRYPTO Investment Fund

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
Hi guys,

Over the past 2 months, I've created and amassed a 500 person Telegram group where people will pool together their money (in the form of the Ethereum cryptocurrency) to invest in "Pre-ICOs" which are basically when people can invest to get the best possible public discount for an ICO because they are investing a large minimum investment (Usually $50,000-$100,000).

We have invested in 4 ICOs so far with our "pool".

My 2 co-founders and I make money off taking a 3%-5% fee off the total amount raised (management fee) and also sometimes get a BONUS amount of tokens from the ICO itself for bringing in the money.

Me and my partners have made some decent profit, but I want to scale this thing up from a lemonade stand to an empire.

What ideas or feedback does anyone have on

A) how we can monetise this further

B) how can we scale this (grow member base) to create a massive platform that creates more opportunities

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
Are there any regulations in place yet about this? I know the SEC has placed some regulations on companies offering ICO's, but I'm not sure about funds.

All that said, I would think that if you want to scale and appear legitimate, you'll need to branch off of Telegram. Unless you're trying to stay anonymous?

Either way, there are plenty of online news publications who would jump at the chance to feature a new crypto fund. Go for that.

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth
3-5% fees is alot higher than the 1% that most savvy investors would accept, so charging higher fees I think isn't really an option.

As someone heavily involved with ICO's & crypto, I think your biggest challenge would be a continuous flow of healthy deals as it's getting harder and harder to get private deals for good projects, so getting allocation for good projects should be your main objective imo.

Matthieu P.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Feb 15, 2018
France
Are you offering anything beyond the fact you provide some benefits that are usually reserved to people who can come up with a large investment ? Like in-depth research posts that explain why you choose to invest in this particular pre-ICO ? I think that kind of post would both provide value and show that you know what you are doing (since it will be a while before we know whether the ICO you chose were, indeed, good ones).

I'm really into cryptos, but I just don't see why I would want to participate in your pool. Now I'm not in your ideal target audience because I think ICOs in general are too risky and that I can get a better risk/reward ratio by buying coins that are already registered on a few exchanges... But you said you wanted to grow a larger base, so I thought this opinion would still help.

BSK

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Feb 25, 2018
Massachusetts
I’d recommend adding an incentive for your followers to refer other people.

Are you using AdWords?

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
What makes you credible enough to invest with you?

OlivierMo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 12, 2018
Idaho
Hi guys,

Over the past 2 months, I've created and amassed a 500 person Telegram group where people will pool together their money (in the form of the Ethereum cryptocurrency) to invest in "Pre-ICOs" which are basically when people can invest to get the best possible public discount for an ICO because they are investing a large minimum investment (Usually $50,000-$100,000).

We have invested in 4 ICOs so far with our "pool".

My 2 co-founders and I make money off taking a 3%-5% fee off the total amount raised (management fee) and also sometimes get a BONUS amount of tokens from the ICO itself for bringing in the money.

Me and my partners have made some decent profit, but I want to scale this thing up from a lemonade stand to an empire.

What ideas or feedback does anyone have on

A) how we can monetise this further

B) how can we scale this (grow member base) to create a massive platform that creates more opportunities
Till cryptocurrencies aren't backed by a real economy and GDP I consider them a "scam."

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
3-5% fees is alot higher than the 1% that most savvy investors would accept, so charging higher fees I think isn't really an option.

As someone heavily involved with ICO's & crypto, I think your biggest challenge would be a continuous flow of healthy deals as it's getting harder and harder to get private deals for good projects, so getting allocation for good projects should be your main objective imo.

We've now invested in 5 ICOs.

I agree its tough to find the good projects more and more since the best deals get snatched up by hedge funds/VCs who are getting them first.

What's happening with the stock market (IPOs) is seeming to happen with the ICO/Crypto market when it comes to the institutional investors getting first dibs on the best projects for the best deals.

I'd imagine the objective of finding strong deal flow is getting well connected in the ICO/Crypto space to the top 1%ers that can get these deals?

---

We came up with a business model where we PARTNER with other investment pools and "pool-chain" our funds to invest in under-hyped and good ICOs, where these ICOs will give us a strong finder's fee for bringing in the capital too.

For example, we find an ICO and pool-chain with 10 pools to invest in it and raise 1,000+ ETH. We then take a 10% finder's fee from that ICO for bringing in the capital and new large community.

We make money off the 10% finder's fee from the ICO and also charge a small standard pool fee to the investors for managing the process.

We do this with every ICO and our "pool alliance" of 10 pools working together in this manner to create leverage and large amounts of capital that allow us to take the finder's fee cut.

Let me know your thoughts.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Till cryptocurrencies aren't backed by a real economy and GDP I consider them a "scam."
You mean 'speculative'?

And given the scale of crypto, I suppose the definitions of a real economy and GDP would change for that matter.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.