The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO I am a 17y-o "man"

Dreams_

New Contributor
Mar 26, 2018
South Florida
Hello everybody,

My name is Clint, I'm 17 years old hailing from South Florida. I have always dreamt of being an entrepreneur and have dabbled in Fiverr gigs/ web design, but have always found that my "people skills" are lackluster at best. With this in mind, I have decided to try and get a part time job. I have went in to a few restaurants/ brick-and-mortar stores and submitted a few applications to no avail. Have tried checking in and made myself known to managers but I just can't seem to get it right. This is the challenge that irritates me the most, and I most overcome it soon as HS graduation is looming, and will be going off to college.

Some advice would be greatly appreciated! I am glad to be a member!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
most overcome it soon as HS graduation is looming, and will be going off to college.
Maybe that's why they aren't hiring you? Who wants to hire someone who will be gone in 3 months?

UnrealCreative

It's Only The Beginning.
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Sep 20, 2016
San Juan
Maybe that's why they aren't hiring you? Who wants to hire someone who will be gone in 3 months?
Not necessarily -- In FL you're going to see a boom of seasonal work due to the influx of tourists coming down for the summer. It seems 3-4 months spans of work for young folk is common here, but correct me if I'm wrong.

@OP Just I'd just be persistent and never let up. Let 'em know you want to do a good job for them and at the least, you'll have a head start on everyone else and can be counted on when things get busy.

$0.02

OP
OP
Dreams_

Dreams_

New Contributor
Mar 26, 2018
South Florida
I’ve thought about that.I think that it is more about having at least SOME experience other than volunteering to feel some sort of fulfillment, y’know?

OP
OP
Dreams_

Dreams_

New Contributor
Mar 26, 2018
South Florida
Not necessarily -- In FL you're going to see a boom of seasonal work due to the influx of tourists coming down for the summer. It seems 3-4 months spans of work for young folk is common here, but correct me if I'm wrong.

@OP Just I'd just be persistent and never let up. Let 'em know you want to do a good job for them and at the least, you'll have a head start on everyone else and can be counted on when things get busy.

$0.02
Yep. I hope this search is less difficult with a degree, which is perhaps a bit slowlane and naïve

WaterWerks

Contributor
Mar 25, 2018
NYC
you're 17, don't let things irritate you. you have a great mindset seems like, but keep in mind, if things were easy we would be happy campers.

stay positive and save your energy, down the line you're going to need it when you find out what it is you are willing to die for.

Last edited:

DrunkFish

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 25, 2015
Missouri
Apply to more places, don't let them know you're about to leave, and keep calling back and showing up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom