The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

How would you spend this money?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

v1nci

New Contributor
Feb 22, 2021
Hey guys!

A friend of mine introduced me to an exercise, that is somehow connected to our subconscious mind and financial goals. It all makes sense, let me introduce the concept briefly:

Every day you have to spend 2x more money, you spent the day before, so the first day is: 1000$, the second day: 2000$, third: 4000$... and the last one is 512 000$. The trick is - you have to know EXACTLY what you will spend your money on(f.e: not "a sportscar", but - "Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6") with the price of each item. Every day you have to also spend the closest amount to what you have to spend each day. The total amount is 1 million bucks spent.

I started the exercise really pragmatically, starting from the bottom of Maslov's needs hierarchy (basic stuff, like a new washing machine, painting my old room, etc). Then I invested some money into video recording equipment (my goal is to grow the YouTube business), so the licenses, camera, microphone... I also wanted to invest money into building a home gym and, getting a basic car, and improve my looks, maybe buying a drone later.
And then I stopped.

Like - blank. I have no idea. 32,000 (złotys, I'm from Poland) spent and I have nothing I think I could buy.

Of course, I can invest this money, maybe even buy a property later (but it cost more than the amounts that I have to spend before reaching 512,000).
My friend told me, that it should be things that I REALLY want to have, to get as excited as possible (which emotionally also have a strong effect on our subconscious). What should I do with these "higher" amounts? I really gave myself time to find that out, but I am stuck, something just cannot click in my mind. My thinking is that I should invest further, but even then - I have everything I need to grow my channel, what I need is work and knowledge, not spending more money for "stuff".

Any advice would be golden and really appreciated.
Much love guys!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Wuh??

I don't understand the point unless you're trying to go bankrupt for the sake of some ridiculous "exercise"?

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 18, 2014
NS, Canada
Sounds like some variation of “if I imagine things with enough emotion they‘ll come true” @v1nci i suggest dropping the mental masturbation and focus on building something to deliver value. Focus your energy on that. I think these sort of mental games are just ways to feel productive when the truth is your afraid to get started, fail, bruising your ego, etc. This is sidewalk thinking, take action. Specific action, based on a real plan, every day. Peace

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Basically a form of mental masturbation.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Easy, I'd buy DOGE with every penny

v1nci

New Contributor
Feb 22, 2021
Wuh??

I don't understand the point unless you're trying to go bankrupt for the sake of some ridiculous "exercise"?
Yo, it's just imaginary money in an Excel sheet.
Sounds like some variation of “if I imagine things with enough emotion they‘ll come true” @v1nci i suggest dropping the mental masturbation and focus on building something to deliver value. Focus your energy on that. I think these sort of mental games are just ways to feel productive when the truth is your afraid to get started, fail, bruising your ego, etc. This is sidewalk thinking, take action. Specific action, based on a real plan, every day. Peace
Yes. That. Is. True.

Okay, f*ck that exercise then, thank you for your answers.
And your memes.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Any scholarship programs for those who can't afford the course? Broke but need this course :)...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
It's an affiliate link, so it's hard to give those up! The affiliate links are automatically...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
A week ago someone asked if one of my courses is still relevant (referring to the Upwork...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...

What are Fastlaners Currently Reading?

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads