The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to start again? Need your thoughts

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

RexAnghelo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Dec 21, 2020
I am in a slump.

I am currently a 4th year student studying Accountancy in the Philippines. I have been studying digital marketing, web design and entrepreneurship since last year, but I don't have anything to show for. It seemed like I can't move forward. I think I am afraid of taking the next steps and wanting everything to be perfect. Especially now that we are conducting our classes full face to face, I'm left with little to no time at all to work on a side hustle or even read books. Travel takes 3 or even 4 hours of my day already.

Worse is, I am broke and my parents couldn't support me always financially. Majority of my money comes from my scholarship allowance.

I admit, I waste a lot of time. It seems like I know what to do but I couldn't do them, or at least I couldn't do them consistently. This also reflected on my grades since due to my disinterest with my degree, I don't study hard anymore and failing some subjects.

I used to be on the top of the world in school. I even graduated as the class valedictorian in high school. But after graduating, I was lost.

I am ambitious and I know there is another option than being a slave in the corporate world. My biggest dream is to be free and to help my family and other people. With money and freedom, I know I can do many good things. That is why I keep on trying, but to no avail. I feel like I haven't taken any significant action yet. And there is a work to do in my mindset and in my execution.

I badly want to start earning, so I will try again to get back up because I haven't been doing anything for months already since our face to face classes started. What are your thoughts in starting again? I would really appreciate your words. Thank you fellas.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mgermani99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 6, 2022
I am in a slump.

I am currently a 4th year student studying Accountancy in the Philippines. I have been studying digital marketing, web design and entrepreneurship since last year, but I don't have anything to show for. It seemed like I can't move forward. I think I am afraid of taking the next steps and wanting everything to be perfect. Especially now that we are conducting our classes full face to face, I'm left with little to no time at all to work on a side hustle or even read books. Travel takes 3 or even 4 hours of my day already.

Worse is, I am broke and my parents couldn't support me always financially. Majority of my money comes from my scholarship allowance.

I admit, I waste a lot of time. It seems like I know what to do but I couldn't do them, or at least I couldn't do them consistently. This also reflected on my grades since due to my disinterest with my degree, I don't study hard anymore and failing some subjects.

I used to be on the top of the world in school. I even graduated as the class valedictorian in high school. But after graduating, I was lost.

I am ambitious and I know there is another option than being a slave in the corporate world. My biggest dream is to be free and to help my family and other people. With money and freedom, I know I can do many good things. That is why I keep on trying, but to no avail. I feel like I haven't taken any significant action yet. And there is a work to do in my mindset and in my execution.

I badly want to start earning, so I will try again to get back up because I haven't been doing anything for months already since our face to face classes started. What are your thoughts in starting again? I would really appreciate your words. Thank you fellas.
I would recommend taking some time off maybe an hour or two and just write down your thoughts and ideas, magic tends to happen when pen meets paper. write what you've done so far and what you would like to do in the future.

set your 1/3/5/10 goals and on other pages list down the effect that would take place if you didnt take action towards achieving your goals ( you may end up broke, depressed, unfulfilled, lonely etc..) and on another, a list of the fruits you shall reap if you consistently take action towards your goals. ( You get to help your family, you'll be happier, you'll have a lovely relationship, you'll be healthier.)

Taking action towards your goals will lead to plenty of rejection, be stoic about it. Take it on the chin and move on, approach that pretty girl and get rejected, sell your products and get rejected, learn a new skill and fail a thousand times. find peace in failure & rejection, its the only way to grow.

RexAnghelo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Dec 21, 2020
I would recommend taking some time off maybe an hour or two and just write down your thoughts and ideas, magic tends to happen when pen meets paper. write what you've done so far and what you would like to do in the future.

set your 1/3/5/10 goals and on other pages list down the effect that would take place if you didnt take action towards achieving your goals ( you may end up broke, depressed, unfulfilled, lonely etc..) and on another, a list of the fruits you shall reap if you consistently take action towards your goals. ( You get to help your family, you'll be happier, you'll have a lovely relationship, you'll be healthier.)

Taking action towards your goals will lead to plenty of rejection, be stoic about it. Take it on the chin and move on, approach that pretty girl and get rejected, sell your products and get rejected, learn a new skill and fail a thousand times. find peace in failure & rejection, its the only way to grow.

Thanks @Mgermani99 !

Last edited:

RexAnghelo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Dec 21, 2020
I would surely do this again because I haven't been in tuned with my goals for quite a time. And after I posted this thread, I have been aiming to be 1% better each day to get on track again. I would also explore why I ended up in a slump so I will avoid this place again.

This is much appreciated man!

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
I've been in a very similar situation in the past, both in terms of the external circumstances and what I was feeling on the inside.

You are basically fixated on the present moment and you feel like the results that you have right now and your perceived "failure" is going to last forever.

You have two basic choices:

Option 1: You take a step back, you take a deep breath and you realize that you've been setting yourself up for success by building relevant skills for your future businesses. You haven't wasted time and you have actually worked very hard in a good direction. The reason you haven't seen massive success yet is because the results are coming in exponentially - which means that you get near 0 results for a long time, until your business snowballs and starts compounding into something massive.

Option 2: You lose your patience, you become progressively more dissatisfied with your life, you spiral down into a horrible depression, you stop working and making progress, you lose momentum... and you end up in a very dark place. Not recommended.

Start making small steps towards building the future that you want. If you are not working on your business, start as soon as possible and do it in small and manageable increments.

Life is a long battle, and the only way to win it is to be able to develop a long term strategy and act upon it repeatedly until you get the desired results. Do not get discouraged by the current situation - it won't last forever.

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico
How are you wasting your time? Maybe make a conscious effort to stop wasting your time when you find yourself wasting time? For example if you wast time mindlessly scrolling on Instagram, try to catch yourself and then put your phone aside and do something more productive.

It sounds to me like you've lost focus and your current routines/responsibilities/worries/wants are draining your energy. I would suggest exercising or spending more time in nature if you don't already.

Good luck!!

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022
Travel takes 3 or even 4 hours of my day already.
Read B&D Vol 1-4. It's super controversial, but if you take what the author says about mindset and discipline to heart, you will be unstoppable. Bear in mind, the author is very blunt with his words and will not sugarcoat the reality of your life, entrepreneurship, and a whole lot of other things.

It will burn a fire under your a$$ and show you what's necessary to make something happen from zero. You have plenty of time whilst traveling so might as well use it to fuel your inspiration and drive. The links I attached will lead you to the PDF of each respective volume. The author of the PDF is discontinued you will not be able to buy or download his books anywhere else.

I admit, I waste a lot of time. It seems like I know what to do but I couldn't do them, or at least I couldn't do them consistently.
Nah you weren't serious about doing them. You know what to do, but you weren't excited about it or your life is too comfortable. If you were eager you'd do it already without delay. I F*cked around for the last two years under the same excuse and label my actions as a waste of time. In reality, I was never serious about the things I wanted to build. I just started ventures under the promise of quick money or some shit I read online.
That is why I keep on trying, but to no avail.
Nope nope, not serious enough. Find out what YOU would want to build or create. You can make money in so many different ways, but all of them take hard work. Find the type of industry that you won't mind putting in the time for. It's going to take everything in you to make the idea work, so might as well pick something you don't mind obsessing over.
And there is a work to do in my mindset and in my execution.
You know what to do then, just go do it!

Mgermani99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 6, 2022
I would surely do this again because I haven't been in tuned with my goals for quite a time. And after I posted this thread, I have been aiming to be 1% better each day to get on track again. I would also explore why I ended up in a slump so I will avoid this place again.

This is much appreciated man!
Your welcome and all the best. You have my support

RexAnghelo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Dec 21, 2020
I've been in a very similar situation in the past, both in terms of the external circumstances and what I was feeling on the inside.

You are basically fixated on the present moment and you feel like the results that you have right now and your perceived "failure" is going to last forever.

You have two basic choices:

Option 1: You take a step back, you take a deep breath and you realize that you've been setting yourself up for success by building relevant skills for your future businesses. You haven't wasted time and you have actually worked very hard in a good direction. The reason you haven't seen massive success yet is because the results are coming in exponentially - which means that you get near 0 results for a long time, until your business snowballs and starts compounding into something massive.

Option 2: You lose your patience, you become progressively more dissatisfied with your life, you spiral down into a horrible depression, you stop working and making progress, you lose momentum... and you end up in a very dark place. Not recommended.

Start making small steps towards building the future that you want. If you are not working on your business, start as soon as possible and do it in small and manageable increments.

I truly appreciate this so much @heavy_industry

I am starting to take small steps after posting this thread and I am feeling the momentum building up, and now another challenge is to make this actions consistent. And it's a no brainer, I would choose Option 1.

Life is a long battle, and the only way to win it is to be able to develop a long term strategy and act upon it repeatedly until you get the desired results. Do not get discouraged by the current situation - it won't last forever.
Thanks for reminding me this man. Sometimes I get overwhelmed by the situation that I forget I am in my own marathon. Good luck to you, thanks again!

RexAnghelo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Dec 21, 2020
How are you wasting your time? Maybe make a conscious effort to stop wasting your time when you find yourself wasting time? For example if you wast time mindlessly scrolling on Instagram, try to catch yourself and then put your phone aside and do something more productive.
It's more of I waste my time planning for things instead of doing them. One example is watching courses and reading too much but not taking significant action on what I have read and watched.

Regarding social media, I think I can control my usage over them now, not perfect, but more responsibly.

It sounds to me like you've lost focus and your current routines/responsibilities/worries/wants are draining your energy. I would suggest exercising or spending more time in nature if you don't already.

Good luck!!
This is it. I would agree to this. I have lost focus with my goals and actions because I feel drained and I let external things bother my control. Thanks for reminding me of this! Really appreciate it. Good luck to you too!

RexAnghelo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Dec 21, 2020
Read B&D Vol 1-4. It's super controversial, but if you take what the author says about mindset and discipline to heart, you will be unstoppable. Bear in mind, the author is very blunt with his words and will not sugarcoat the reality of your life, entrepreneurship, and a whole lot of other things.

It will burn a fire under your a$$ and show you what's necessary to make something happen from zero. You have plenty of time whilst traveling so might as well use it to fuel your inspiration and drive. The links I attached will lead you to the PDF of each respective volume. The author of the PDF is discontinued you will not be able to buy or download his books anywhere else.
Thanks man! I already downloaded all 4 e-books and read few pages from each volume. I like how it is written by little articles or chapters that can be read independently. It's really interesting and I think would be a great read!

Nah you weren't serious about doing them. You know what to do, but you weren't excited about it or your life is too comfortable. If you were eager you'd do it already without delay. I F*cked around for the last two years under the same excuse and label my actions as a waste of time. In reality, I was never serious about the things I wanted to build. I just started ventures under the promise of quick money or some shit I read online.
Man, you are absolutely right. I recently realized this too. I got frustrated and embarrassed about not having anything to show for because in reality I was only half-assing my execution and was too afraid and perfectionist.

Nope nope, not serious enough. Find out what YOU would want to build or create. You can make money in so many different ways, but all of them take hard work. Find the type of industry that you won't mind putting in the time for. It's going to take everything in you to make the idea work, so might as well pick something you don't mind obsessing over.
Totally agreed. Thanks for reminding me this!

Alright man, good luck to you! And thanks for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it!

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico
This is it. I would agree to this. I have lost focus with my goals and actions because I feel drained and I let external things bother my control. Thanks for reminding me of this! Really appreciate it. Good luck to you too!
Thanks! Looking forward to reading a future update on your successes!

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022

Thanks you for your reply in general and in particular for the books.

Last edited:

bpbrewer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Oct 26, 2022
Sunny California
I’ll add a different take on this.

Is it anxiety that you're feeling? I've been struggling with taking a step forward myself. I’ve been blaming it on lack of organization, lack of information, etc. But it was only recently that I realized that the root cause of my inaction is anxiety and fear. I've never considered myself to be an anxious or fearful person before, but I guess emotions have their way of hiding in the dark.

If you're feeling like you're wasting time and can't take a step forward, it may not be that you're lazy or that you just can't get your shit together. It may mean that you have some unresolved anxiety that you need to address.

Procrastination can take on many forms. We can waste countless hours scrolling through social media, or we can be complete workaholics putting in 80-hour weeks of busy work without producing anything of value. Both of these activities offer an escape from anxiety and produce the same result--nothing. But ultimately, procrastination is not the cause, it’s a symptom.

Procrastination is a mechanism for coping with the anxiety associated with starting or completing difficult tasks or making difficult decisions. This anxiety can manifest itself from deeper-rooted issues, mainly different fears, such as fear of judgment, fear of disapproval, fear of failure, and even fear of success.

You’ve said that you have a dream of being free and helping your family. But you’ve also said that you’re running out of time, and that your family is not doing well financially. Perhaps you’re putting on way too much pressure on yourself, and you’re finding escape in the form of consuming another course, podcast, motivational book, etc..? The common belief is that putting more and more pressure is the solution to motivating ourselves into action, but in most people, it has the opposite effect.

It’s easy to say “just get your shit together, make a plan, and just do it”. It can work briefly, but we know the reality, it’s like telling a depressed person to just snap out of it, or telling a color-blind person to just focus more on the color orange. It won't do much.

Until we learn how to deal with our fears and anxiety, we’ll always be running against the current. If this is hitting home a little too much then maybe take some time and start unpacking some of those feelings.

One book that I’ve found especially helpful in realizing these issues is “The Now Habit” by Neil Fiore. It may help you too. Check out a quick summary on google or YouTube and see if it’s for you. It may contain just the right information for you to progress.

RexAnghelo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Dec 21, 2020
I’ll add a different take on this.

Is it anxiety that you're feeling? I've been struggling with taking a step forward myself. I’ve been blaming it on lack of organization, lack of information, etc. But it was only recently that I realized that the root cause of my inaction is anxiety and fear. I've never considered myself to be an anxious or fearful person before, but I guess emotions have their way of hiding in the dark.

If you're feeling like you're wasting time and can't take a step forward, it may not be that you're lazy or that you just can't get your shit together. It may mean that you have some unresolved anxiety that you need to address.

Procrastination can take on many forms. We can waste countless hours scrolling through social media, or we can be complete workaholics putting in 80-hour weeks of busy work without producing anything of value. Both of these activities offer an escape from anxiety and produce the same result--nothing. But ultimately, procrastination is not the cause, it’s a symptom.

Procrastination is a mechanism for coping with the anxiety associated with starting or completing difficult tasks or making difficult decisions. This anxiety can manifest itself from deeper-rooted issues, mainly different fears, such as fear of judgment, fear of disapproval, fear of failure, and even fear of success
oh wow, I have this kind of realization too but I haven't reflected on it enough. I think how you said it makes things clearer.

You’ve said that you have a dream of being free and helping your family. But you’ve also said that you’re running out of time, and that your family is not doing well financially. Perhaps you’re putting on way too much pressure on yourself, and you’re finding escape in the form of consuming another course, podcast, motivational book, etc..? The common belief is that putting more and more pressure is the solution to motivating ourselves into action, but in most people, it has the opposite effect.
Yeah you're totally right. I am in this cycle of being pressured and insecure, acting compulsively and consuming more content, but ending up nowhere.

It’s easy to say “just get your shit together, make a plan, and just do it”. It can work briefly, but we know the reality, it’s like telling a depressed person to just snap out of it, or telling a color-blind person to just focus more on the color orange. It won't do much.

Until we learn how to deal with our fears and anxiety, we’ll always be running against the current. If this is hitting home a little too much then maybe take some time and start unpacking some of those feelings.
Sometimes, I unpack some of the feelings but I end up feeling them again at one point, being in the same situation again. Guess I might have been doing some things wrong and inconsistent. It's more of an internal work I need to do.

One book that I’ve found especially helpful in realizing these issues is “The Now Habit” by Neil Fiore. It may help you too. Check out a quick summary on google or YouTube and see if it’s for you. It may contain just the right information for you to progress.
Thanks man! Will check the book. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond and giving a different perspective.
Thank you so much! And good luck to you!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.