The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Instantly Set Your Brand Apart in E-commerce.

door123

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Apr 4, 2020
West Coast
Consumers want to avoid plastic, some won't even buy your product because of your plastic packaging.

I once worked as brand ambassador for a powdered tea company (i was the dude that gave out samples at whole foods), Potential Customers would come up & ask me if there was plastic in the packaging. I would say yes, they would reply they didn't want to pollute the planet with plastic & will not buy the product because of this reason.

Another Story. I am currently selling bags of activated charcoal (odor control). Potential Customer messages me asking if there was any plastic in my product, as they wanted to avoid plastic in their products.

This is a relatively easy way to skew relative value virtually in any product, if you can demonstrate it to your customer.

For example for liquid containers, use aluminum instead of plastic, or have refill packets that are full recyclable or biodegradable, or use PCR containers. If your selling dog leashes, use cotton/hemp mix instead of nylon material for the leash.

Heres how I'm implementing it in my new product:
Product: Personal care consumable, ie think shampoo

- using refill packets instead of shipping another new unit
- biodegradable formula
- aluminum containers (aluminum can be recycled forever, unlike plastic)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Same for vegan stuff and/or clothes without synthetic fibers. I've searched a lot to buy a specific type of pants that would be 100% cotton, yet would stretch. I eventually found one company and I love their products (they make cotton and linen pants as well as a mix of linen and hemp). If I were offered an opportunity to invest it it, I'd definitely consider it.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
This made me think of the other thread talking about B2B and recurring sales. Like selling cassava bags to replace plastic bags. For small business making eco shampoos and other beauty products seems like it would be great... and also they would buy often. Going to give this a thought.

door123

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Apr 4, 2020
West Coast
Same for vegan stuff and/or clothes without synthetic fibers. I've searched a lot to buy a specific type of pants that would be 100% cotton, yet would stretch. I eventually found one company and I love their products (they make cotton and linen pants as well as a mix of linen and hemp). If I were offered an opportunity to invest it it, I'd definitely consider it
Funny you say that, I was just buying stuffed toys for my child. I am avoiding anything made from synthetic fibers & sticking to organic grown fibers, as babies constantly keep toys in their mouths.

I feel like this trend of going back to nature trend is seeping into every part of our lives. This is a great opportunity for us entreprenuers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SjCurless

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Dec 22, 2020
Consumers want to avoid plastic, some won't even buy your product because of your plastic packaging.

I once worked as brand ambassador for a powdered tea company (i was the dude that gave out samples at whole foods), Potential Customers would come up & ask me if there was plastic in the packaging. I would say yes, they would reply they didn't want to pollute the planet with plastic & will not buy the product because of this reason.

Another Story. I am currently selling bags of activated charcoal (odor control). Potential Customer messages me asking if there was any plastic in my product, as they wanted to avoid plastic in their products.

This is a relatively easy way to skew relative value virtually in any product, if you can demonstrate it to your customer.

For example for liquid containers, use aluminum instead of plastic, or have refill packets that are full recyclable or biodegradable, or use PCR containers. If your selling dog leashes, use cotton/hemp mix instead of nylon material for the leash.

Heres how I'm implementing it in my new product:
Product: Personal care consumable, ie think shampoo

- using refill packets instead of shipping another new unit
- biodegradable formula
- aluminum containers (aluminum can be recycled forever, unlike plastic)
yes yes this is the way

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.