• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

How does value delivered to customers for free generate revenue for the business?

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by NSRNest, Nov 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. NSRNest

NSRNest New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $32
    One of my favorite value-added browser plugins is Honey. If you're not familiar with it, it saves online shoppers tons of time and money. It works by scanning coupon codes it finds on the web and automatically enters them into the promo code field at warp speed, saving the user/customer loads of time during checkout. I just saved $5 on a $25 order using Honey.

This is just an example of a business model I see a lot...free plugins or apps that provide loads of value to its users for free. (Another example is an app I love called Genius Scan, which I've never had the need to upgrade to the paid app.)

My question is, how does this kind of business model generate revenue for its business owner?

Thanks! (My first post, so if I've somehow screwed up, please be gentle)

minivanman, Xeon and ManlyMansNegator like this.
  2. ManlyMansNegator

ManlyMansNegator Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $565
    They can either sell data they gather from users, Inject ads or a plethora of other ways.I found this on quora:

https://www.quora.com/How-do-Chrome-add-ons-make-money

"Example: Honey Chrome Extension - It is one of the most popular extension. To earn money, they rely on affiliate business model. All the major online stores such Amazon, eBay, Walmart, etc. have Affiliate Programs where you can sign up and earn commission from every sale that you bring. For example, if you have Honey (or any similar coupon provider extension) installed, whenever you use it before buying anything online, it gets some commission. Now, this commission depends on multiple factors such as the category of product, price, etc. And It can go up to 20% of your purchase. It is a very good and scalable business model. Many bloggers and marketers also depend on affiliate programs to earn money."

Xeon likes this.
  3. daru

daru Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $977
    Yeah, often they sell your personal data. Ooops! Free? Not really. You just don't pay with money but your privacy. :sh*t:

NSRNest likes this.
  4. NSRNest

Rep Bank:
    $32
    Wow. Okay, I didn't realize that. That's not the kind of business I want to create!

5. NSRNest

Rep Bank:
    $32
    Though, it seems Honey in particular also relies on affiliate income. Again, not a model I want to base my business on as the affiliate rules can change and wreck the deal.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.