The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How can I overcome my fear and anxiety

Anything related to matters of the mind

Sumit Sharma

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 26, 2020
INDIA
Hello friends my name is sumit sharma and I am 19 year old and graduate in this year and I am from india. I have a problem if I wanna try something new I feel anxiety and feel lack of will power and I can't show my actual strength which I wanna to show people . How can I overcome :arghh:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hello friends my name is sumit sharma and I am 19 year old and graduate in this year and I am from india. I have a problem if I wanna try something new I feel anxiety and feel lack of will power and I can't show my actual strength which I wanna to show people . How can I overcome :arghh:
Got some bad news.
You overcome through action.
There is no other path.
Say you want to learn how to ride a bike.
Would you let your fear of falling from the bike stop you or learn inspite of it?
You cant overcome anxiety without doing the things that make you anxious.
Start small and work your way up.

Kybalion

Renegade Master
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Oct 5, 2018

Please take my thoughts and advice with a grain of salt because I know nothing about you or your habits my friend. But I know how it feels to live in willpower-crushing fear, so I'll provide a general answer.

I haven't completely escaped it, but I've found there are things I can do to free myself up and let some courage bring color back into my life.

Having your WILL paralyzed by fear is a real thing, but there are ways to get it back.

The first thing is acknowledging that time is limited. I believe that all our animal fears come from direct or indirect fear of dying. And our inability to overcome them comes from the illusion that there will always be tomorrow, so we stay frozen and procrastinate.

You see almost nothing is guaranteed. Not even your next heartbeat. All you're entitled to are your choices (And the outcomes are up to the Universe, The Original G or the chances)

Next look at your life. Chances are it's pretty fudging boring. Fear does that to you. Atleast it did it to me.

Acting through fear made my reality narrow. It turned it into a PC screen and 4 boring-a$$ walls.

It turned me into a spectator because I got scared of action.

And for a while, I was ok with that. It kept my life in a solid-state. If life and all it’s ebbs and flows were a river, my river would be frozen by fear.

Fear makes you crave safety... Or maybe you're afraid because you're attached to idea of safety. But too much safety is BORING. It's complete order - no surprises and no adventures.

Face your mortality. Make peace with the fact that your biggest fear WILL happen to you, because you will die! The question is:

What are you going to do before it happens? Are you going to sit in your room afraid of everything that could go wrong? Or are you going to embrace the shitstorm and go on an epic adventure?

G

Guest6814

Cognitive behavioral therapy is very effective for overcoming anxiety.

I can’t summarize it in a quick post, or tell you how to do it by yourself.

Please find a therapist who will meet with you for several sessions.

Also, mindfulness meditation is effective.

There are classes on anxiety relief. Search for an in-person class and take it.

G

Guest6814

One thing that you can do is to pretend to be confident. That means, that before walking into a situation, ask yourself how a confident person would behave. Take a moment to imagine how a confident person would behave in that situation. Then, act like that confident person, even though you do not feel confident at the time. Your actions define and build who you are. If you repeatedly pretend to be confident, then you will eventually start feeling more confidence and less anxiety.

Until you start feeling super-confident, you can also keep in mind a phrase: “Feel the fear and do it anyway.” Others don’t care how confident you felt when you did something; they just want the result.

Fid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 26, 2017
Wroclaw, Poland

Noticing the problem, admitting it and asking for help are 3 huge steps already! Give yourself a pat on your back.

Sadly, there's no one specific answer to your question.
In general, you overcome anxiety by defining the beliefs and/or experiences that cause your anxiety.

These can by anything from a simple "I'm just 19 and nobody respects youngsters like me" to some unpleasant events that happened in your childhood.

You then override those beliefs and experiences with favourable ones. Expect this to be a process, though. Therapy, classes, help groups, self-help books and videos, meditation - these all can help.

What do you think would be the next step for you?
What have you tried? How did that work out for you?

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I've struggled with anxiety and depression my whole life. I'm 46. I've been to a ton of counseling. Its helped. So have the various books I've read. "Feeling Good" by David Burns, one of the founders of cognitive behavioral therapy, is excellent.

At the end of the day, though, the only way forward is to actually move forward. One foot in front of the other. Take action. Judge your performance on that action, and then take some more action.

Let's say that you're scared to death of cold calling. Make a cold call. Then another. Then, you might get good at it. Or, like me, you get so frustrated with the process that you try something new. I've actually found a method of networking that leaves me energized after engaging in it. I would not have found that if I hadn't tried cold calling, and then started searching for a way that works for my personality style.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
One possible method...

Build on small actions that you can do now. Trade something with someone. Show up to a trade show or event. Start a conversation with a cousin, or a friend of a friend, instead of a stranger. If you can do the small things, you can eventually do the big things.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Anxiety is hell! I still have it sometimes. I can talk to a group of people and be just fine but if you put a microphone in front of me to talk to that same group..... I freeze up. Or, I can talk on the phone to people that I know but I HATE to answer the phone and talk to strangers.... it's freaky. I also hate to call people I don't know. The only way to over-come it is to do it over and over. I just choose to not do those things. If I chose to do them over and over, I could get over it..... I think :happy:

theofficepass

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 27, 2020
Delhi NCR
If a person looks confident enough, he has faced all of these problems. Nobody in starting is confidence. You just have to jump into the things you wanna do. Get fail, embarrassed and bullied, eventually the outcome will be satisfying.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.