The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Hello from NYC and questions about near future plans

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

TFM-PVB

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 16, 2018
New York
Hi everyone! I’m a structural engineer living in NYC since January 2015. I’m in my mid-thirties and like many here, have lived the slowlane life since forever. I started reading TMF book last week after seeing a recommendation on Reddit. The material and advice in the book is excellent and aligns very well with the mindset I started cultivating at the beginning of this year.

I just started following the forum today so apologies if these questions have already been discussed (feel free to point me to the discussion thread rather than answering again):

1) I’ve saved a decent chunk of money, enough where I could maintain a similar lifestyle in a cheaper country (e.g. Portugal or Colombia) for up to 2 years without any side income (my 1st language is Spanish and I understand Portuguese so language is not a concern). I’m getting married in March and my fiancé is on board with this, since she works remotely and loves living abroad. So, has anyone in this forum taken this route? I.e. quitting your job and living temporarily outside the US while trying to start a US-based business? I wonder if others have tips and advice. Our plan is to move in June as soon as our lease is up. I’m really excited and look forward to having more time to THINK, rather than spending my days being another cog in the wheel and solving someone else’s problems.

2) Has anyone here started a data science or AI business? I’ve become quite knowledgeable and proficient in the area in the past 18 months, and really enjoy working with problems in that field. However, I have not made up my mind as to what particular direction or product I want my business to have. I’d love to discuss ideas with Fastlane-minded people in this forum!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
A BIG THANK YOU FOR EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED! Thank you very much for joining, participating...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
The media defines people by their occupation. You are a liquor store owner, freelancer, single...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
@Fox It's same with me Did both quiz and application but as yet no automatic confirmation, just...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
If you are in IDEA mode, text "IDEA" to the above number. If you are in LAUNCH/START mode, text...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...