• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Harvard Business Review finds exactly what makes certain images/posts go viral. Findings inside.

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by ChrisV, Aug 11, 2018.

1. ChrisV

ChrisV Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,336
    ivan i, Argue, NovaAria and 2 others like this.
  2. ApparentHorizon

ApparentHorizon Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,327
    I wonder what kind of impact the economy has on that sentiment. Memes as we know them have really only been around for the past 10 years.

There was one study on cars, showing people liked happy faces during recessions and aggressive during bull markets.

upload_2018-8-11_20-30-37.png

upload_2018-8-11_20-31-0.png

Longinus, Argue, Mattie and 1 other person like this.
  3. ChrisV

ChrisV Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,336
    That’s really interesting. I read an article in Smithsonian about how when car experts look at front grilles, the region of the brain that lights up is the same region. responsible for facial recognition. In other words, like you said... people literally perceive faces in cars.

For Experts, Cars Really Do Have Faces | Smart News | Smithsonian

Argue and ApparentHorizon like this.
  4. rogue synthetic

rogue synthetic * Not actually Rutger Hauer Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,447
    Yes. It's a good rule of thumb to not read too much explanation into descriptive findings like this. Interesting findings, absolutely. Just be cautious in jumping from "people did ABC when XYZ" to "we need to do XYZ to make ABC happen for us!"

5. NovaAria

NovaAria New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $52
    I have been entertaining these thoughts for a while in my mind as well.
    I am guilty of browsing meme groups on Facebook in my spare time and I can't help but wonder how many of these memes are made by the typical lambda user, and how many are made by marketing companies and lobbies with agendas behind.

A rather paranoid thought, I know. But in the age of big brother, I feel like paranoia is symptomatic of a healthy mind.

ApparentHorizon and Argue like this.
  6. ApparentHorizon

ApparentHorizon Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,327
    If you spend enough time in this space you start seeing the patterns.

The way they talk: Always for or against an agenda, with unsubstantiated comments. The sloppy ones copy and paste text.
    Their profile: Anonymous, or a carbon copy of another profile. (Reverse image search or exact match search can reveal it)
    Activity: Mostly repost/retweets without any real engagement in a community. (This is the real tell, because most people like to talk about themselves)

Anything to be amplified is always accompanied by multiple profiles. Social proof.

On Twitter and Reddit it's super easy, since you can just register as many profiles as you wish.

Facebook is harder, but still doable. The sloppy ones pay people from the 3rd world, so you have a bunch of Philippine or Arab sounding names liking and sharing. Rarely commenting however.

What the Harvard Study totally missed was social proof:

[​IMG]

Couple all of that with repetition and you have a perfect recipe for virality.

7. NovaAria

NovaAria New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $52
    Very interesting infographic, thanks for sharing.

8. ChrisV

Rep Bank:
    $11,336
    ZF Lee likes this.