The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Welcome to The Fastlane Entrepreneur Forum.

Register Log in
  • The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 48 hours.

INTRO Greetings from Canada

Kenneth Ho

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Feb 26, 2019
I'm Ken, some guy that ended up here while looking for reviews about other gurus. Bought and read The Millionaire Fastlane, working through Unscripted, and they are very illuminating.

I dabble in programming and investment stuff.

While I've wanted to leave this "9-5" thing for a long time, and I've generally known that "ideas are cheap, execution is king," the books gave me two other nuggets. "Impact millions," "one person at a time."

I'm researching an idea now and will be testing a prototype out with people that "have a problem they want solved" by mid-April.

ZF Lee

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
FASTLANE INSIDER
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welcome. Great to have you here.

I dabble in programming and investment stuff.
Dabble? Does that mean you have some projects up your sleeve? Or still in the education phase?

Kenneth Ho

New Contributor
Feb 26, 2019
Welcome. Great to have you here.
Dabble? Does that mean you have some projects up your sleeve? Or still in the education phase?
I have a few small projects here and there as part of my day-job right now. I have a decent formal education in both computers and in investments.

Awesome, welcome Ken. As a fellow Canadian, wondering what part of the country you're in?
Toronto area. Like a third of the country is. :p

ZF Lee

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
FASTLANE INSIDER
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I have a few small projects here and there as part of my day-job right now.
Great! Jobs can be a good opportunity to learn or practice some skills, as well as find new problems to solve.

I presume your prototype is related to your past projects as well?

Kenneth Ho

New Contributor
Feb 26, 2019
Great! Jobs can be a good opportunity to learn or practice some skills, as well as find new problems to solve.

I presume your prototype is related to your past projects as well?
Not at all. It came up in idle office chatter, actually. But I know people ask this particular question a lot. And I know I can answer it, and exceptionally well.

My plan is to use my computer skills to answer the question at scale. The only question after that is whether people actually value the answer.

SolopreneurGrind

Contributor
Feb 26, 2019
I have a few small projects here and there as part of my day-job right now. I have a decent formal education in both computers and in investments.

Toronto area. Like a third of the country is. :p
Never would've guessed :p I'm downtown Toronto, we'll have to keep in touch and grab a coffee sometime if you're in the area!

mentalic

Bronze Contributor
Nov 26, 2012
Just moved from Europe to Toronto. I have my own SaaS business, looking forward to meeting fellow 'fastlaners' in the area.

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
FASTLANE INSIDER
Nov 10, 2015
Greetings from a couple hours north of Toronto

GPM

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Welcome.

I currently mostly live in Alberta myself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Search Forum