The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Great (and weird) resource for hiring or offering cheap gigs

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Redwolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
May 6, 2018
Southern California
I stumbled across this gem the other day:

Amazing prices for some of the tasks like creating artwork, logos, web design, video editing.

All the way to weird like
"I will save you $200+ annually by reviewing and negotiating your cable/satellite, internet and home/cell phone bills. for $20"
and
"Genealogist: I will discover your ancestry - $25"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted74396

Good point Redwolf! I've hired for a couple of (very) small jobs on there. Just be weary of people who ask for payment first, even if they ask for half upfront. You might not think someone would bother 'stealing' a $5 Amazon gift card but they do!

GigMistress

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Nov 19, 2019
A cornfield in the Midwest
Good point Redwolf! I've hired for a couple of (very) small jobs on there. Just be weary of people who ask for payment first, even if they ask for half upfront. You might not think someone would bother 'stealing' a $5 Amazon gift card but they do!

On the flipside, freelancers who do work for strangers on the internet without at least partial payment in advance often have their work stolen. If it's a small amount of money like that (and so it isn't worthwhile to escrow or provide some other form of protection), I'd rather risk losing a few bucks than ask someone in dire enough straits to work that cheap to invest time on the hope that I'll make good on my word when they're done.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Redwolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
May 6, 2018
Southern California
I hired a Python guy and someone to make an inked drawing for my wife for Christmas off Reddit. Drawing should arrive tomorrow and will follow up, still haven't received the final scripts from the Python guy... nor exchanged any money so.. :(? I've hired a ton of work off upwork, this is my first foray into "trust based" contracting.

D

Deleted74396

On the flipside, freelancers who do work for strangers on the internet without at least partial payment in advance often have their work stolen. If it's a small amount of money like that (and so it isn't worthwhile to escrow or provide some other form of protection), I'd rather risk losing a few bucks than ask someone in dire enough straits to work that cheap to invest time on the hope that I'll make good on my word when they're done.

Definitely! I find the best option even on a budget is just finding someone cheap on Fiverr or Upwork, it's worth paying that little bit more

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.