The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Golden Rule: Aim Big, Miss Small

Anything related to matters of the mind

Matake007

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 23, 2020
When I was much younger, one of my favorite movies was "The Patriot" starring Mel Gibson. In this movie, one of the most memorable scenes to me is when he has to get his kids to shoot enemy troops, and has them repeat the words "Aim small, miss small"

In the context of the movie, this means aim for something small on an enemy and even missing it by little will still allow you to hit the enemy.

In my business, I apply this as "Aim Big, Miss Small". I make every decision, from brand name, colors, and messaging with the intention of posturing my business to take out the industry leader. This way, even if I don't become "the #1" my business is still very successful. This is in contrast to starting a business and wanting it to be just generally successful. In my opinion, there's no better way to make business decisions other than with the intention to be the best in your industry.

Thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Don't agree with Part 1 :)