The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Future of vacation rentals?

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
Hey guys/gals, I was just curious of y'all thought of where the market is headed for the next few years? Both in terms of the greater housing market( I've read some stuff on here already), but more importantly how the vacation rental market could be affected (airbnb,vrbo, etc.).

I have a SFH I am thinking of dumping after I get a variance to split the double lot. Not because it isn't profitable or wasn't a good buy, just that in the RE world it is a long term play and my goal this year is to fastlane as much as possible in my life. Fastlane for my SFH is to potentially take the equity while still positive that we built in through the tenant and repair value added and roll that into something that can make a lot more money while still paying for a place I wouldn't mind visiting once a year.

-Please no opinions on what to do with the cash from the sell outside of RE. Additional funds are allocated to other fastlane businesses and I like to have some diversity.

So, where do you see the short term rental market going?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Short term rental market is and will be completely wiped out until June at the earliest. Most likely (imo) it'll be August before things return to anywhere near the same level. That recovery will be helped by the fact that a lot of investors will have changed their properties into long term rentals so there will be reduced supply on the short term let sites. The long term rental site here in Ireland is filled with AirBnB properties at the moment.

Even if many national borders are closed lots more people will vacation within their country this summer and into the fall.

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
Short term rental market is and will be completely wiped out until June at the earliest. Most likely (imo) it'll be August before things return to anywhere near the same level. That recovery will be helped by the fact that a lot of investors will have changed their properties into long term rentals so there will be reduced supply on the short term let sites. The long term rental site here in Ireland is filled with AirBnB properties at the moment.

Even if many national borders are closed lots more people will vacation within their country this summer and into the fall.
So potentially less volume on the market, making prices get close to existing...potentially more if many have signed over 1 year long term contracts. So a purchase mid to late summer might make a good deal with plans to get in the market in the fall.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.