The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From the miserable comforts of the mediocre slowlane

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Phoenix Leo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Oct 30, 2020
Sweden
I've known it was all bullshit for so very long.
Walk the treadmill, reproduce, make sure your offspring is indoctrinated to enter the treadmill, perish.

But as long as I walk the treadmill I can afford all the comforts.
The hyper-realities. A different author would refer to it as the soothing lullaby of Mother Culture.
Dulling the pains of the chafing shackles. Drawing away attention from those cold iron bars.

Got a nice house, got a nice car, got a nice TV, got a nice computer, got a nice big bed, got nice clothes, got stable finances.
F*ck.

There's been no F*ck This Event. Just the constant chafing, the dull pains, the aching misery.
And then the slow realization that I'm leading my kids right into the same fold.
It's the safe path! Surely every true parent want their kids to be safe?!
F*ck.

This ain't right.
There is another path, I know it.
I can see others walking it.
How do I get from here to there?
There is so much to read.
So many messages.
Signs pointing this way or that way.
It's a jungle out there.

Investing? Day trading? Forex? Crypto? Real Estate? Flipping Houses? eCom? Dropshipping? App development?
Entrepreneurship.
That's it.

I start my own company.
There's a spark in my chest.
Got this idea.
Looks good on the spreadsheet.
Great in fact, even with these conservative numbers.
Got everything set up and ready to rock!

Why is nobody buying?
Can't they see how great this is?
Great value at a good price!
I KNOW there is a need for this out there!
Damn, sales and marketing is hard.
I'm bleeding money, chest is almost empty.
I need to do something.
Hey, a job ad!
I can sell my services to these guys.
Give me those shackles, get back on the treadmill.
F*ck.

At least I can keep the house and all the comforts.
F*ck.

What went wrong?
Despite the failures, the spark is still there.
Growing stronger.
Need to find those gaps and fill them.
Need to read more.

4-Hour Work Week. Yes, but..
Rich Dad, Poor Dad. Yes, but..
The Lean Startup. Yes, but..
The Myths About Creativity. Yes, but..
Think and Grow Rich. YES, but..
The Art of the Deal. Wait, WTF?!

"The Millionaire Fastlane "?
Oh, really?
This guy's not even trying.
Why not just call it "Yet another get rich quick scheme" and be done with it.
Ignored.

Search goes on.
More books.
More websites.
More YouTube.
So much bullshit everywhere.

Hold on.
Who's this guy and why is he being interviewed?
He's making a lot of sense and he wrote a book about it?
"The Millionaire Fastlane "?
Oh, really?
Well, maybe I was overly sceptic, I'll check it out.

F*ck.
Finally!
Big Picture Clarity.
There it is.
All mapped out.
Got to read Unscripted too.
Yes, this is it.
This is where it's at.
There's a raging furnace in my chest.

So, now I'm here.
Thank you for lighting up the path, @MJ DeMarco

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Welcome to the forum Leo. What's next and who have you helped?

Phoenix Leo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Oct 30, 2020
Sweden
Thanks @Ernman.

I have a mountain to climb and I know exactly which one.
I'm going to stop trying to find an easier path and go straight for the north face.

Just weeks before reading TMF I fell for bro marketing and got into a dropshipping program.
I had an idea that it could help me free up time to focus on my big idea.
Of course, it violates Control, Entry and Need and Control in particular came back to bite.
Google found something they didn't like on my store and suspended my account.
It's been over a month and I've yet to figure out what the problem is.
Google Support won't tell me what it is, they just direct me to their policy, which I've read many times over, coming up blank every time.
It's just the sunk cost bias that's kept me going with it.
That's four months I could've spent on my real goal. Time to let it go.

As for who I've helped?
Not sure what you're asking.
I help family, friends, neighbors and colleagues all the time.
Those who know me are not afraid to ask.
I also help strangers, given the opportunity, and am active in an organization that provides local charity.

If you're thinking more along the lines of the topic of this forum, then I'm not sure what to say.
I only just got here!
Finding like-minded among the people around me has been hard. Guess the Script runs deep in our culture.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Hi mate,
Nicely written, could be more or less my journey. Think we all have that point in our life where we finally realize where we have to go. For some, it's earlier and for others, it's later. What are you currently doing? Already thinking about your next business?
Sounds like you like to help people don't be afraid to ask for help yourself. I often see (also one of my problems) that people who like to help are afraid of asking for help.
Wishes from Switzerland,
Kasimir

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
I have a mountain to climb and I know exactly which one.
I'm going to stop trying to find an easier path and go straight for the north face.
The trouble with metaphors and cliché's is they can often be confusing. If you goal is to get to the top of the mountain, there's nothing wrong with taking a safer path that might be a little longer as opposed to the risk of falling to your death because you took on a challenge you weren't ready for. I suck at metaphors so I usually try to avoid them.

What is the mountain you need to climb? Do you have the skills you need to climb it? If not what is your plan to learn those skills?
It's just the sunk cost bias that's kept me going with it.
That's four months I could've spent on my real goal. Time to let it go.
Congrats - another lesson in life. Mistakes are only bad if we don't learn from them...or they kill us. God knows I've made so many mistakes in life. Many that cost me a lot of money, all cost me a lot of time and some physically hurt me but I survived.

As for who I've helped?
Not sure what you're asking.
I'm trying to get know you. Too many entrepreneurs think it's all about what someone will pay for a good or service. They forget their path to real success is in providing value. When we help others we put ourselves in the path of needs. I also believe that helping others opens our minds to ideas - kind of a karma thing.

-------------------------

The Fastlane path is not easy. Some of us, myself included, struggle mightily at this. But in this forum we are among like minded friends, willing to help those who are will to work at it. I recommend you set a plan for reading the as many of the GOLD and NOTABLE threads as you can. Engage and keep your progress thread going.

Phoenix Leo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Oct 30, 2020
Sweden
What is the mountain you need to climb? Do you have the skills you need to climb it? If not what is your plan to learn those skills?

Since anyone can come here and read, I'm a bit paranoid and don't want to be too specific with what I'm working on.
I have a 20+ year career in hardware development and have probably been involved in 100+ product development projects. Some truly new products, but mostly new models of existing things (i.e. better specs, more features, smaller package). I see a growing need and no sign that the big players dominating the field are trying to address it. I want to fill that need.

I do not possess all the skills to put together the whole thing, but as far as I can tell, none of them are beyond my reach either. It may make sense to have someone better skilled to provide some of the pieces, though.
I do have enough skills to put together some kind of MVP and the connections to have it vetted.

Congrats - another lesson in life. Mistakes are only bad if we don't learn from them...or they kill us.
Thank you. I agree and I believe owning your mistakes makes you stronger.
Sounds like you've got a few tales to tell.

When we help others we put ourselves in the path of needs.
That is an excellent point. It reminds me, I've actually been an intrapreneur for my employer. As a consequence of having my colleagues seek me out for help, I've sometimes created tools to aid them. That was definitely not in my job description. Come to think of it, some of those could probably be commercialized.

Phoenix Leo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Oct 30, 2020
Sweden
Hi mate,
Nicely written, could be more or less my journey. Think we all have that point in our life where we finally realize where we have to go. For some, it's earlier and for others, it's later. What are you currently doing? Already thinking about your next business?
Sounds like you like to help people don't be afraid to ask for help yourself. I often see (also one of my problems) that people who like to help are afraid of asking for help.
Wishes from Switzerland,
Kasimir

Thanks @Kasimir, I can imagine there are a lot of people like us.
Currently, I'm setting my priorities straight and getting back to work on my big idea.
I've run my own company for 10 years and although it had a fastlane origin, it quickly deteriorated to nothing more than proxy employment.

I'm not going to throw myself out there and try something new.
Rather, I'm going to start in my area of expertise and build something out of that.

You are right, I do prefer to solve things for myself.
It would probably be good for me to learn to ask for help sooner.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Since anyone can come here and read, I'm a bit paranoid and don't want to be too specific with what I'm working on.
I have a 20+ year career in hardware development and have probably been involved in 100+ product development projects. Some truly new products, but mostly new models of existing things (i.e. better specs, more features, smaller package). I see a growing need and no sign that the big players dominating the field are trying to address it. I want to fill that need.

I do not possess all the skills to put together the whole thing, but as far as I can tell, none of them are beyond my reach either. It may make sense to have someone better skilled to provide some of the pieces, though.
I do have enough skills to put together some kind of MVP and the connections to have it vetted.
Perfectly understandable to NOT share too many details. I'm sure between your knowledge and contacts you have, you'll figure out how to put the pieces in places. Best of good fortune as you move forward.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Thanks @Kasimir, I can imagine there are a lot of people like us.
Currently, I'm setting my priorities straight and getting back to work on my big idea.
I've run my own company for 10 years and although it had a fastlane origin, it quickly deteriorated to nothing more than proxy employment.

I'm not going to throw myself out there and try something new.
Rather, I'm going to start in my area of expertise and build something out of that.

You are right, I do prefer to solve things for myself.
It would probably be good for me to learn to ask for help sooner.
That sounds quite good. Maybe, if you aren't already working 100 hours/week, you could start a side hustle.
I know I often mention that but in my businesses, I always try to get a second opinion on a lot of things. Either from a co-founder, friend, business partner, or just an employee. It helped me a lot to get a second perspective on things.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...